Sign in to follow this  
Goofy Footer

Ramona Out and Back Trails: Orosco Ridge & Lusardi TT

Has anybody ridden either Orosco Ridge or Lusardi Truck Trail recently?  I'm just curious if they are open and their conditions? 

I rode Black Mountain in early May - Trail was open, in typical condition and nobody was out there on a cold, foggy night.

7B49FEDB-83A0-4E0C-AE08-1AC26E636C8D.jpeg.435a08d74b17302f901539e523bba746.thumb.jpeg.61da93a05dc30a56b47f03e3d4c9a924.jpeg

I believe they both stay locked.  Have never seem them open or heard of them open in the last couple years.  Hope that I'm wrong though.

They've been open. I've ridden there alot in June/ July. Even the gate up to the mine on oroscoe has been open. They do shut them when it rains. I was out there 4/5 weeks ago was open.

Out and back trails only, no through routes.

Zubb, you must be thinking of something else, because the gates Goofy inquired about are almost always open, only occasionally close for inclement weather.

Goofy, if I get a chance, I'll cruise over tomorrow and check them out. My guess is that they are open.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Oracle said:

Zubb, you must be thinking of something else, because the gates Goofy inquired about are almost always open, only occasionally close for inclement weather.

Goofy, if I get a chance, I'll cruise over tomorrow and check them out. My guess is that they are open.

That could easily be the case.  Looking forward to your report back.

It occurred to me you may be asking about the gate that's off Pamo rd.  I was thinking about the gate quite a few miles up Orosco in a northern direction.

Haven't been in a few months but i'll be testing the 950SE on Sunday using Lusardi, the Glider port/the pines as a test run.

• Like 2