In honor of @J5ive mentioning Easy Rider, I'm posting the movie intro and asking YOU what the movie meant to you and how it inspired you to get out and Ride - both way back then and currently.

• Like 2

Don’t be around rednecks, they will take you out. 

• Haha 2

It seemed like a good idea at first. 

• Like 1

As stated in a different post...Easy Rider did it for me - I wanted to explore the US on a bike - via back roads.  I still get out and ride my HD's as much as I can.  There's just something about it I can't explain...my wife know's I have the soul of a gypsy. 

Now it's Youtube, watching all the BDR stuff, trips in Alaska on ADV bikes.  In fact, just got back from Alaska, I rented a BMW GS850 up there and did about 1,300 miles paved/dirt (60/40).  My inspiration to do Alaska had a lot to do with the Youtube video's I was watching (also, got to check off my 49th state I've ridden a bike in)

My new goal is - to do some BDR's on my Tenere 700

• Like 2

14 hours ago, J5ive said:

As stated in a different post...Easy Rider did it for me - I wanted to explore the US on a bike - via back roads.  I still get out and ride my HD's as much as I can.  There's just something about it I can't explain...my wife know's I have the soul of a gypsy. 

Now it's Youtube, watching all the BDR stuff, trips in Alaska on ADV bikes.  In fact, just got back from Alaska, I rented a BMW GS850 up there and did about 1,300 miles paved/dirt (60/40).  My inspiration to do Alaska had a lot to do with the Youtube video's I was watching (also, got to check off my 49th state I've ridden a bike in)

My new goal is - to do some BDR's on my Tenere 700

Obvious question is what is the 50th state??

Secondly, where is this Alaska ride report!?

Lastly, how's you convince your wife to let you keep your gypsy soul? I thought marriage killed all men's hopes and dreams!

6 minutes ago, Goofy Footer said:

Obvious question is what is the 50th state??

Secondly, where is this Alaska ride report!?

Lastly, how's you convince your wife to let you keep your gypsy soul? I thought marriage killed all men's hopes and dreams!

$20 days it’s Hawaii. 

Marrying the wrong person kills mans  hopes and dreams. 

Edited by Zubb

I graduated from El Cajon HS in 1969.

The Southern Culture was a pox on America then and it remains so now.

Edited by Bagstr

Choppers and Dope 

On Any Sunday it wasn't.

Edited by Greenhorn
  • Like 1

@Zubb winner, winner, you are correct...Hawaii it's the only state I haven't ridden in (or been to).  Trying to make it happen this year...

@Goofy Footer heck, I didn't know I had to do a report...might not have said anything about going to Alaska...LOL.  I'll have to look around on the "Forms" to see what has been done in the past, so I know what's expected.  Heck, I don't even know how to load photo's on the site.  I tried to put a photo on my profile and it was rejected.

As far as my gypsy soul...Zubb was correct again, I married wisely.  She supports my solo trips (maybe she's just glad I'm gone for awhile).

• Like 1