Zubb

2022 GS Trophy in Albania

For any who might be interested, here's the YouTube link for the GS Trophy going on right now.  Today is Day 3.

The inside joke at the qualifier this last year was "It's not a race, ok . . . GO!"

As of this morning, TEAM USA is in 10th place (dammit).  3 male riders on the team.  Fellow San Diegan Jim Duplease is a helluva rider, competitor and friend.  I've met Cory and watched him come in first at the qualifier.  He friggen' rips.  I don't know Ben but hear he's exceptional.  This is a little bit motocross, a little bit trials, and a lot ADV bike skills.  Best coverage has been on YouTube and Instagram.

For those inclined . . . enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Team USA moves up to 7th overall. 

• Like 1

super fun. I did not imagine the hosts would be Americans. The event is in line with standard FIM events Enduro/Trials etc. I like this thing. thx for posting

• Like 1

Sean T and Jocylin Snow have become the face and voice of BMW Motorrad USA for quite awhile now. They are truly interested in anyone they encounter. Very genuine people and that’s pretty attractive socially. 
I’ve  noticed that they give USA no unwarranted attention at these events. I want to see everything team USA does but don’t get to because they are in 7th place, not in 1,2 or 3rd. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Sean T and Jocylin Snow have become the face and voice of BMW Motorrad USA for quite awhile now. They are truly interested in anyone they encounter. Very genuine people and that’s pretty attractive socially. 
I’ve  noticed that they give USA no unwarranted attention at these events. I want to see everything team USA does but don’t get to because they are in 7th place, not in 1,2 or 3rd. 

Makes sense to be unbiased in that position. Bias can deter entrants from other locations, heck after all they are in Albania!!

So are they "sponsored" working for BMW, are they marketing folks for the motor company? Or? Just curious

I am not sure what their actual contract is, but I’m pretty sure they are not employees. I believe they in a sense subcontract with BMW motor rod for various events.

Both have their own coaching and training companies.

I believe we moved up to 5th place today.  The Instagram feed had sketchy audio.  At least I got to see Team USA slide the rear around to "kick" a soccer ball through a goal.

Dang it.  They are in 8th place overall, end of Day 4.

End of day 5 - USA took first place today, moving them up to 4th place overall.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zubb said:

End of day 5 - USA took first place today, moving them up to 4th place overall.

BZ to the media crew for the trophy event coverage, the update videos are very well produced - bravo - and same to Jocelyn - she is a great host for the show. 

It does look like a lot of fun!

- Nick 

• Like 1

It's ridiculously good fun.   . . . . . . . if you can handle the competition.  It was a very rude awakening for me at the qualifier to learn that having skills is critical, but competition can psychologically crush you.  Even goofy fun competition for such a serious title can wreck you.

Cory and Jim both have considerable experience competing.  I don't know about Ben though.  They ended today in 4th place overall.  And there's a challenge tomorrow worth double points.  They are within striking distance of the podium.

I'll have to check but I think they will be only the 2nd USA Team to podium.  

Edited by Zubb

3 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Any link to the videos? 

https://youtube.com/user/bmwmotorrad

thats the YouTube channel. 
inside the channel you’ll se vids of Day 1 (like above) through day6 right now. 
we are still in 4th place. Right now they are riding day 7, final day. They have to turn it up!!! Last chance to podium today. 

Edited by Zubb

Can't wait for Jim to get back and download his experience over a few beers.

It's really quite an event in my opinion.  Really done in a spirit of fun and some party atmosphere.  There is quite an undertow of competition on course but it seems to be different from most races.  

Hope others enjoyed it as much as I did.

• Like 1