I'd be down for this I got a 3 bike trailer. 

Count me in plz for what Tom was saying .

I drove home from Vegas early (0400) this morning.  Saw a decent number of dual sports being trucked home.  Made it home by 0900.  Last year I did the same drive starting about 0900, and it was a ten hour drive.

I am definitely interested in doing a SD2LV dual sport ride, my idea is to take it easy and fun, maybe 4-5 day trip.  Two up to Vegas, one day relaxing and then home…either hauling or take it easy and explore more off road

Just got home. Rode from Vegas to Palm Dale on the bike (I15 traffic was amazingly fun 😡). Loaded the bike on the truck and down to San Diego. I had so much fun! I'll start to edit the video and post on a separate thread when it's ready, with the customary report.

I did the easy ways. For my surprise, there were 4 Ducati Desert X's! But I claim the first DDX ever to cross the LAB2V finish line 😂

Next year I want to do the hard ways with the DDX. Call me masochist.

• Like 4

Can’t wait to hear your report. 

Padu!!!! Is the mang!! Getting out and doing it with enthusiam!! Keep up the training see you soon. I'm set for the 10Th with the SOS (Sedlak), hope to see you there on small bike. If I am solo I will bring my classic Italian TE610 for some sesh time. That's my "BIG BIKE"......

I have said it before every athlete and performer have trainers.....more moto folks really NEED proper instruction, I see many moto/enduro riders just making themselves work too hard and incorrectly, along with incorrect bike set ups... that individually and combined create a bad mix looking for a place to happen scenarios.

Edited by robertaccio
  • Like 2

Here's my proper set up.

It's a redneck roost sensor. There's a magnetic coil zip tied to the swing arm picks up this metallic probe every time the rear tire rotaes tells me when I'm at maximum boost potential.

20221127_120747.thumb.jpg.3293c4f17c198bdb6ae7ff7168cec6d6.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Here's my proper set up.

It's a redneck roost sensor. There's a magnetic coil zip tied to the swing arm picks up this metallic probe every time the rear tire rotaes tells me when I'm at maximum boost potential.

20221127_120747.thumb.jpg.3293c4f17c198bdb6ae7ff7168cec6d6.jpg

Perfect. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robertaccio said:

Padu!!!! Is the mang!! Getting out and doing it with enthusiam!! Keep up the training see you soon. I'm set for the 10Th with the SOS (Sedlak), hope to see you there on small bike. If I am solo I will bring my classic Italian TE610 for some sesh time. That's my "BIG BIKE"......

I have said it before every athlete and performer have trainers.....more moto folks really NEED proper instruction, I see many moto/enduro riders just making themselves work too hard and incorrectly, along with incorrect bike set ups... that individually and combined create a bad mix looking for a place to happen scenarios.

Dude I am with you 1000%

because my skiing then my golf and then my riding went thru huge gains once I did that. 
There’s magic in having a coach watch and teach. And Padu is a classic example. He takes classes from a lot of different coaches. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

Dude I am with you 1000%

because my skiing then my golf and then my riding went thru huge gains once I did that. 
There’s magic in having a coach watch and teach. And Padu is a classic example. He takes classes from a lot of different coaches. 

I take classes with everybody I interact with! 🙂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, padu said:

I take classes with everybody I interact with! 🙂

You hit the nail on the head padu. I learn more from beginner level riders than experts.  Every one of us brings something unique to the table . Some are good at on line stuff managing the site,  some are good at having perfect set up,  some are good at being prepared, some Are good at just being Available and wanting to ride,  some are good at making a budget work for dualsport. Some are good at camera,  some are good at camping,  or even bringing people together.  And so much more. 

Luckily for us Doc and Rad had the vision of bringing it all together.

• Like 2

I've done LA-B-V a couple of times where I rode up from San Diego on my 950 Adventure to the start, did the ride, then rode home back to San Diego on Sunday, no interstate. That's the way to do it !

Edited by KTMrad