350thumper

Borderlands Dual Sport Adventure

Doing a ride through borderlands and canyons Saturday Sept 10.

respond if interested...

This event will ride into the desert. There will be deep wide open sand washes, rain & sun, Difficult terrain, possible strong predators such as  bobcats and mountain lions, with potentially harmful flora . Riders may be subjected to increasing levels of lethal danger 😳 .Compress_20220904_104908_8962.jpg.3ee453e2f954686590252cfc2b14569c.jpg

I will be riding the eastern flank of California's coastal peninsular ranges. Dual sporters on this journey may also witness a fantastic jumble of Granite rock pushed up by faults in long gone days. 

This adventure will be considered a moderately challenging route where riders will find weathered sandstone cliffs interspersed with bands of igneous and metamorphic rocks.Screenshot_20220904-104754_Chrome.jpg.26ccd1817f7117a0edfdef432071d42a.jpg

This beautiful and picturesque trail starts off with large stretches of surface cobbles covering the ground and will wind up flowing through an intricately carved ancient sandstone and  granite canyon.

Please be prepared with a positive attitude and trail worthy machine if you dare task this great adventure. 

There will be gas ,food and drink available.

Expecting temps of 87 degrees.

Welcome to all who join in.

Compress_20220904_104320_0755.jpg

Edited by 350thumper

Sounds like a cool route - @Reximus what say ye? I'm still injured so no riding for a while.

How was the latest Border Fire affected the area? I assume you're riding largely east of there.

Edited by Goofy Footer

Still hurt ?

What happened , did you get the family jewels caught in the spokes?

You better have your arm in a sling or your leg in a cast of your turning shy from a ride.

Edited by 350thumper

Hey 350! Still going on this ride? Been a minute since I've been on here. I've ridden with you a handful of times on my klr. I picked a newer bike so no more pig lol. I've been looking for a ride this weekend. Was wondering how long a ride? Any pavement? Mileage etc? Sounds like a good rip.

Conditions Report:

Perfect conditions over 12 inches penetration. All creeks have 2 ft of flowing water 

Coyote wash : under water/rapids

S2 :unpassable  😊 

Tuckers trench : flooded

Bomb graveyard : drenched 

Lake Superstition: bring a jet ski

Fish creek mountains: wet

This ride does have an itsy bitsy tinsy winsy stretch of slab (crossing S2)but with these unreal conditions I can alter the route to suit non plated.

I'll be drinking coffee at 7am getting ready for the ride of the summer.

Your not gonna want to miss this.

I recommend staging at chevron  gas overflow lot at ocotillo offramp. I can meet you there.

Here's a picture of the road to red feather by my house.!!

Compress_20220909_164617_7141.thumb.jpg.a6ba414ecf9797845e463e7934ec100f.jpg

The whole town was flooded. 

P.S. I haven't ridden much lately so plz take it easy on me.if you come out .

Edited by 350thumper

Looks like the split mountain loop? I've done a couple times. @ 90 miles give or take. Beautiful loop! Im on a plated 500 Beta with 3.5ish tank and have mouuse's.

So meet up at the Chevron 7am? 

Ok. That's a 4am wake up for me, I'll be hitting the sleep train early. See you then!

@350thumper  would love to do this - but it's way over my head.  I'm going to work at being able to join this kind of ride soon.  Have a BLAST!

Let's aim for  9 am  

I got a plus one that wants to join in with his new ktm.. I'll see you at the chevron at 9am.

Òk. Weather is good . Sand is still damp.

Temp is best it's been in months...

It's like Xmas for desert riders.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 8:05 PM, J5ive said:

@350thumper  would love to do this - but it's way over my head.  I'm going to work at being able to join this kind of ride soon.  

Hello Jfive!!   I saw your post and I hear you.

Sometimes I put on rides that are more mellow and beginner friendly for ADV and Dual Sport enthusiasts. Featuring smooth dry roads with easy access to restaurants and gas stations also finding time to gather and talk with other riders to form a community and comradery for those involved.

I'm working on a ride coming up that will include the above features and would give you a chance to work on your skills as we learn together the different riding and staging techniques 

Edited by 350thumper
Let ride together.
  • Like 1