Sign in to follow this  
Goofy Footer

Randsburg Ice Cream Ride - General Store is Closing

https://news-ridgecrest.com/randsburg-general-store-closes-after-more-than-100-yrs/?fbclid=IwAR2qxy56B5Sp6Xl72oWqEPxliDOsKR8_GaWklk8TOjGx0B9aNRay_iUns1o

The Randsburg General Store and ice cream parlor is closing. If you've been itching for a longer street ride to a historic place this may be it.

Sooooooo Sad to see it go like many others. Before being a diabetic the Ice Cream floats, Nanner splits and Cherry soda was just too good to pass up. Throw in the Mining town atmoshpere was a bonus.

Julian used to be like this but with all the hippies, dudes that think they are chicks, chicks that think they are dudes, colored hair and so on i just make sure all i need a quick pie at Mamma's and book it.

Yeh that's a pretty depressing development.

11 hours ago, cmbthumper said:

Julian used to be like this but with all the hippies, dudes that think they are chicks, chicks that think they are dudes, colored hair and so on i just make sure all i need a quick pie at Mamma's and book it.

Yeah, you want to run before that stuff rubs off on you, right?

Where the hell is Randsburg?  

What an interesting place, I don't know if I will make it up there again before they close but I imagine the last couple years were pretty tough on a small place like that.  Maybe we need to put together an SDAR event to ride there??

It's 200 miles.  Could ride up, eat a banana split and ride home easily in a day.  Hmmmm....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zubb said:

It's 200 miles.  Could ride up, eat a banana split and ride home easily in a day.  Hmmmm....

Open through September......  more Hmmmmm ...🍦🍨

• Like 1