Goofy Footer

KTM Freeride E Moto

Veys has one for sale and it got me wondering.. Who here would buy a Freeride electric dirtbike?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

Veys has one for sale and it got me wondering.. Who here would buy a Freeride electric dirtbike?

If I had the cash for such things I'd own one - they seem really nice, and probably easy enough to upgrade when better batteries come out. 

I have test ridden a few electric motorcycles.  I think they are pretty good, but of course they have limitations.  Technology will improve, they will get better.  Maybe even cheaper, we see that a lot with electronics (remember seeing big screen TV's for $5k?).   I don't know if they will ever be able to fit every situation that our current vehicles fit.  

Please let me know if Stark Varg is going to have a test ride anywhere!  

https://starkfuture.com/products/stark-varg

• Like 1

If you or a buddy has property for a track / course an E Moto would rule. It would extend your local riding dramatically. Is it currently practical for open dez riding? Probably not.

Being able to spin laps or pound in some backyard trails would make it absolutely worth it. Electric Trials bike too

• Like 2

Shame cause that KTM E-Ride is cheap to me for what you get. As stated once the cost come down, range goes up and it can be plated for Commifornia folks it will be a no brainer for a quick 100mi ride.

Will it replace the "sound" of my 01' Honda VFR800, Aprilia Dorso with Akro's, 07' KTM 450 w/no Salt & Pepper shaker, 08' KTM 950SE w/ Yoshi exhaust etc etc etc. Yeah! Never but i do enjoy quite every once in a while.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 12:36 PM, shutterrev said:

If they can be plated... I'll take 9k off the really fair 18k total price tag for my Jeep and all parts and acc. if he's interested.. 
image.png.56c9794b864c4d260b11c1bef12fe756.png

They can't and sorry he already has a built jk crawler 

• Like 1

This is the part where I wish I had a bigger garage and $10k sitting around, looking for a hole to stuff it into.

• Like 1

It doesn't smell like gas you can park it in the living room!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

Store the trials bike in your truck bed and this in the garage!

Dam-funny idea.  I like it!