Pokey151

Otay Truck Trail tomorrow 8/28

@Rjg967 and I are planning on riding there to explore. I’ll be on my 790.  Not very familiar with that place, I’ve been there once.  Anyone want to join us?   Will be meeting at Circle K and Willow rd. We are working on a meeting time.  I’ll update shortly 

meeting time is 8:30, hope to see some people join us

Edited by Pokey151
  • Like 1

I'll hopefully be able to make this one. Where are you going to enter the Otay Mtn area? Pio Pico, Pink gate, Marron Valley Rd, or? I would probably meet the group there.

1 hour ago, SANRider said:

I'll hopefully be able to make this one. Where are you going to enter the Otay Mtn area? Pio Pico, Pink gate, Marron Valley Rd, or? I would probably meet the group there.

Not sure?   I am not too familiar with the area.  Totally open to suggestions

No access at Pio Pico.  Pink Gate is accessible, but to get to Otay Truck Trail from there is fairly rough with some powdery silt stretches or a good hillclimb

DSCN0041.JPG

• Like 2

You can get the Pio Pico gate lock combo from the entry booth at Pio Pico.

• Like 1

Ok looking at the map, I’ve only been up the pio pico way.  So I’ll try to get the gate combo

i just need to figure out where the entry booth is

Edited by Pokey151

What route are you thinking from Willow to Pio Pico? I'll meet you on way.

20 minutes ago, SANRider said:

What route are you thinking from Willow to Pio Pico? I'll meet you on way.

67 to magnolia to chase to 2nd (I think) to camp rd

I'd like to join if there's room for one more bike. I can be at Pio Pico as well at 9:00

Sounds good.  We should be there close to 9.  I’ll update in the am at the meeting point

Had a great time, thanks for letting me tag along. Awesome to meet some (mostly) new folks and look forward to joining some more rides in the future.

No pics of the climb to the peak through the clouds (of dust), but lots of ogling the super sweet 790 at the top.
IMG_8503.thumb.jpg.e8545850afa5f9b6673ad5afac64e901.jpgIMG_8504.thumb.jpg.ae93d931ec1e18983e8981ff171f93f2.jpg

Somehow we stumbled onto a top secret military installation named Area 54 and saw the latest stealth weapon built using ancient alien technology
IMG_8505.thumb.jpg.7df017e1581e7ed2935bc8a43f3d29a2.jpg
IMG_8508.thumb.jpg.387f43e970a36f0149707265001e3835.jpg

There was also a chupacabra sighting during a search and rescue mission (can you see it in the bushes?)
IMG_8514.thumb.jpg.03a9ba69d800c6d24fe246f5e0016cca.jpg

That's all the pictures I got, fun times and hope to ride again soon.

• Like 2

It was a great ride and great seeing and meeting everyone.  Thank you for coming out.   @MikeEscoNYC took a little dirt sample, minor bike damage and looked like a bloody knee but he made it out just fine

after the ride @Rjg967 and I went out for Hot Pot. I added a picture of it at the end of the Relive ride

https://www.relive.cc/view/vdvmKWe1Lx6

I hope to make more of a habit to ride more. I’ve been so busy adulting it’s getting in the way of play time

• Like 1

.... DANG that looks tasty!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

It was a great ride and great seeing and meeting everyone.  Thank you for coming out.   @MikeEscoNYC took a little dirt sample, minor bike damage and looked like a bloody knee but he made it out just fine

after the ride @Rjg967 and I went out for Hot Pot. I added a picture of it at the end of the Relive ride

https://www.relive.cc/view/vdvmKWe1Lx6

I hope to make more of a habit to ride more. I’ve been so busy adulting it’s getting in the way of play time

Alright Pokey, you just cost me a half hour of googling to figure out where that Hot Pot restaurant was.  The picture looks like a FANTASTIC lunch!   I've done that road close to 100 times and  I knew the pic and the location didn't line up at all.  There is no restaurant on that heavily washboarded road, in a dirt farm field.  8-)  So I'm guessing you cut the Relive route at that point and added the pic later.

Care to share the restaurant name if you would as I'm always looking for a good spot?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

Alright Pokey, you just cost me a half hour of googling to figure out where that Hot Pot restaurant was.  The picture looks like a FANTASTIC lunch!   I've done that road close to 100 times and  I knew the pic and the location didn't line up at all.  There is no restaurant on that heavily washboarded road, in a dirt farm field.  8-)  So I'm guessing you cut the Relive route at that point and added the pic later.

Care to share the restaurant name if you would as I'm always looking for a good spot?

lol Yes I cut it at the end on the dirt.     

That place is called Little Sheep Hot Pot.  You get to choose between Non Spicy or Spicy or a split, Then you order like a sushi menu whatever you want to cook.  You just add what you would eat immediately or everything would overcook.   The more you add the more the broth takes on flavor. 

http://www.littlesheephotpot.com/

4718 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92117

Weekends you can pay $35 a person and its unlimited addons (meat, veggies, noodle etc...)  If you ever go ask for the side on sesame paste, chili soy sauce etc..  You take those sides and mix it in a bowl and that is a great topping to your fresh cooked food.  That pic you see Bob adding the chili oil.

Edited by Pokey151

Great to see the turnout for a short notice ride! Otay was my first ride with SDAR

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

lol Yes I cut it at the end on the dirt.     

That place is called Little Sheep Hot Pot.  You get to choose between Non Spicy or Spicy or a split, Then you order like a sushi menu whatever you want to cook.  You just add what you would eat immediately or everything would overcook.   The more you add the more the broth takes on flavor. 

http://www.littlesheephotpot.com/

4718 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92117

Weekends you can pay $35 a person and its unlimited addons (meat, veggies, noodle etc...)  If you ever go ask for the side on sesame paste, chili soy sauce etc..  You take those sides and mix it in a bowl and that is a great topping to your fresh cooked food.  That pic you see Bob adding the chili oil.

Dam! Pokey, that is a great hookup.  Thanks brother, wifey will think I'm brilliant when I take here there this weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zubb said:

Dam! Pokey, that is a great hookup.  Thanks brother, wifey will think I'm brilliant when I take here there this weekend.

No problem, give a good report when you get back