robertaccio

28AUG2022 ZR/DP Racing Santa Veronica GP

A short course 9.5 mile loop hare scramble annual event is back this weekend. The usual heat with dust.....but shortly after the start it always opens up as everyone spreads out. The course area is a fun zone of varied terrain and tracks some open some tight, some dirt some sand and some rocks.

Start finish at the tower west of hacienda Sta V. ZR Promotions signs to guide. 0800 start for motos. I'm hoping 0800 Mexican time = at least 0830 for easier time getting there!!

2022 Santa Verónica Grand Prix, hosted by DP Racing | ZR Promotions

• Like 1

Locally promoted by ZR Promotions. Sponsored by DP Racing.

I raced the 60+ open class for the win, competition was light, even the 50 class was small. But I figured I'm 61 and have earned the age. So I come away with another cool Lower California racing plaque for my efforts

• Like 4

How was the dust? I give you much credit for getting to the line at this time of year.

Congratulations

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 1:51 PM, Bagstr said:

How was the dust? I give you much credit for getting to the line at this time of year.

Congratulations

As expected the start of the first lap was dusty I even stopped at the first rocky uphill with zero viz until the dust settled. Very soon after all was fine everyone spread out and there was never another case of blinding dust. The temp was good, not too hot and for this guy 4 laps was quite enough, pros got in 5 but I only got lapped by a few guys.

every other lap that first rocky climb went super smooth.

Race Story 1)  I did  spot a pro line on the back side of the course with dirt tracks going over some big rocks but I never looked back up at it from the normal curve around the rocks trail . On the last lap I hit it and my arse was in my mouth, flat up the ramp, a 2-3 foot gap to another flat top up on top then a 6' straight drop off the back to the trail almost perpendicular to the trail heading to the left. Not much downhill slope, it was a hard landing and a good save. And I kind of cursed myself , because I did risk too much on that one without a proper spotting first.

Race Story 2) ZR/DP did this event at the same location a few years back and my wife and neighbors came to watch, I pretty much spoded the mini endurocross section in the spectators area, just rolling all the obstacles. Since then my wife has still called me out on that. So this time with none of my people watching I doubled the double, jumped all the way over the buried car and hit the tires and carried over perfectly......now I need some video or pictures to redeem myself.

I will get some photos up for fun and one of our local young guys did run his go pro helmet cam.

Edited by robertaccio
  • Like 1

I am still amazed at how good these bikes are now.......for this race I put in a new twinair oiled airfilter a fresh IX spark plug and put 80w Redline into my gearbox, the thing worked perfectly. TPI the best jetted bike for all temps and altitudes.

Trying to remain calm in good form. Sequence is good for self training study 

_DSC6088.jpg

_DSC6089.jpg

_DSC6090.jpg

_DSC6091.jpg

_DSC6092.jpg

• Like 2

The small (biggest I'll do!!) double sequence. 1st lap rolled it, jumped it on every lap after.

_DSC5429.jpg

_DSC5430.jpg

_DSC5431.jpg

_DSC5432.jpg

_DSC5433.jpg

_DSC5434.jpg

• Like 2

congrats!  Great pics too, and such a great way to self evaluate.

• Like 1