Uncle Champ

2010 990 Adventure SOLD

Posted (edited)

So it's time, 38,000 miles, runs great, good tires, steering stabilizer, windshield, one scratched area on front fender, ABS disable switch, etc.

KTM metallic orange, beautiful bike. $8000. ? 

I'll work on pictures. 

Charlie, PM me info, pics etc.

Edited by KTMrad
  • Like 3

Great bikes! I had an '07 for a while and sold it with just under 80,000 miles on it and it still ran like a top. (If someone designed a top to go 100++ mph and rip tree stumps out of the earth).

If I'm not mistaken the 2010's and up are supposed to be even better and highly sought after!

Good luck with the sale and please post pics so I can drool.

Posted (edited)

That is Dan Diego's old bike.

I did a TON of work on it before he sold it to Champ.
If I recall correctly the rear header pipe was replaced along with all the exhaust gaskets at that time (I would guess around the 30K mile mark).

Also went through the bike harness and dielectric greased all the pertinent connectors and other maint items like that at the time.
Might have put on a new o2 sensor or two that I just dont recall.

Edited by DSM8

Thanks for the replies, and thanks for all the work on the bike. I just rode it yesterday 150 miles or so. Everything still works great.

Still waiting for pics

32 minutes ago, Uncle Champ said:

$7000. ? Anybody?

Let me check with a friend who is trying to get into to sport. He was more of a KLR budget (going through a nasty custody battle). That’s a little out of my budget to pick up for a spare/loaner bike or I would snatch it up

Yes and awesome, boating , riding, and just got a T700, I'll be down late next month.

Come see me here or there.

• Like 2

people keep asking you ever going to post up pictures of the bike to give us idea of condition?

This is kinda like a little online tailgate party, waiting for pics to show up. 
Dave, get out that bottle on the top shelf and pour me a couple fingers of the good stuff please

37 minutes ago, Zubb said:

This is kinda like a little online tailgate party, waiting for pics to show up. 
Dave, get out that bottle on the top shelf and pour me a couple fingers of the good stuff please

You gotta fix BMW’s to get that stuff.  Even then you only get a sip.  

• Like 1

No Pics, No sale. JFC you don't even give 1 pic. You did the same thing on ADRider and got views but no buyers.

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

You gotta fix BMW’s to get that stuff.  Even then you only get a sip.  

On his best day, you maybe, might, but probably won't get a sip.  He might let you hold the bottle for a moment though.

You won't want it anyway.  It's got some old burned firewood floatin' in it.  You'd want to pour it through your dirty bandana first keep the splinters outta your mouth.

1 hour ago, cmbthumper said:

No Pics, No sale. JFC you don't even give 1 pic. You did the same thing on ADRider and got views but no buyers.

That's ok.  We're having fun hanging out waiting for 'em.

Sold, no liquor, no fire , no smoking robe. Glad I could entertain. Now to build up my new bike ;)

• Like 2

Send pics of new bike please!

😎

I posted as sold on 9/7,  it was an orange 990, new bike is black, can you say black anymore? My anniversary is on black friday, hopefully I can remember it if the name gets changed. :)

I have winter to add dodads, already put on Heed crash bars front and rear, tires next, handguards etc.

The big question is what oil to use, oh yeah, 4000 mile oil change intervals! Sure beats 600 mile changes I did on my 450x a long time ago.

Come on kids, at least grin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well post up what you got!!