ahertel

Newish Member in IB

Completely forgot I joined this group a few years ago, glad to be back. Have a 2013 KTM 350 EXC-F and last week I got lucky and picked up a 2022 Tenere 700 to start doing some multi-day trips. I live down in IB if anyone is ever down this way and wants to explore.

5A275BB3-C764-4D32-AE51-2026EB0F93D4.JPG

• Like 3

Nice bike. Better get cracking on installing all that pipe work. 
plenty of folk here that ride the border region. Keep your eye out for rides posted here. 

Welcome back!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

Nice bike. Better get cracking on installing all that pipe work. 
plenty of folk here that ride the border region. Keep your eye out for rides posted here. 

Welcome back!

Thanks, already done and mostly happy with it. I’ll keep an eye out for rides down this way, thanks.

You have a pretty good spread of bikes there, a small one and a mid sized one that should cover most anything.  The site seems to be getting a bit of a revival here, so hopefully more rides pop up and you join in.

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

• Like 1

I have been to IB a few times during my 65 years of living here.   Lets ride!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 8:47 AM, Bubbagums said:

I have been to IB a few times during my 65 years of living here.   Lets ride!

Lucky you! We just moved down here a year ago from the PB area, between the moto and my gravel bike there’s so much to explore down here. Looking forward to seeing more of the area. Let me know if you ever want to ride. 

I hope to run up Otay mountain tomorrow leaving at 5 and returning a couple of hours later.   Casual ride, testing out my carb settings.

bob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubbagums said:

I hope to run up Otay mountain tomorrow leaving at 5 and returning a couple of hours later.   Casual ride, testing out my carb settings.

bob

Darn, the one day this week I can’t. Hopefully next time. 

Welcome back! I'm not far from you and Otay is my go to for a little fun and still being home (read that as responsible adult) before noon. I'm newish to ADV life, but I've been motocamping for years and love it. 

If you ever want a riding buddy post up on the forum and we'll be there with you!

• Like 1

Just did Otay today from 5pm to 8pm on my 2 stroke. I usually enjoy with my big bike as well.

I like wednesdays and fridays afternoons for a nice dirt stroll. Sometimes stopping at Novo Brazil at the Otay Ranch mall for some well deserved hidration at the end of the ride.

• Like 1

I hit it earlier and was home by 4:30.   The entrances on the prison side keeps getting tougher to find.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 8:17 AM, spazegun2213 said:

Welcome back! I'm not far from you and Otay is my go to for a little fun and still being home (read that as responsible adult) before noon. I'm newish to ADV life, but I've been motocamping for years and love it. 

If you ever want a riding buddy post up on the forum and we'll be there with you!

Thanks and will do. I've done a bunch of bikepacking but new to moto camping, really looking forward to where this new bike can/will take me. 

22 hours ago, Bubbagums said:

I hit it earlier and was home by 4:30.   The entrances on the prison side keeps getting tougher to find.

Yeah, I don't bother with the prison side anymore. Wednesday's are generally good for me as it's my Sunday.