Greenhorn

Chasing Thunderheads and the Heat

It's been a long time since I've been for a ride because... That said I've been loving all the Thunderheads, so today was the day to try and chase a few down. Headed east about 1:30. They were sparse when I left and it was one of those you should have been here yesterday, or the day before things as the sky was pretty blue at Pine Valley, Campo and further east. I kind of like the heat so I though I would drop in to the desert for a minute to see how hot it was. It was hot, about 105 at Ocotillo. Back up the hill and a stop in Pine Valley for some water and then home. Generally rode the freeway, but traffic was light so that was nice. About 3.5 hours... 150 miles. I enjoyed the ride and hope to do some more riding soon. I'll try a picture as there is a lot of posting picture chatter on the website.

Influencer shot from the Pine Valley Market (lol). (Resized to 1000x750 and uploaded from desktop -  admin can delete if a waste of space - just giving it a whirl)

20220810_154945s.jpg

• Like 4

Hi great write up.  Im glad you braved the heat I seem to like riding in it also..

You did a great job on the Pic.   Very artsy.. 

Did you do any rock hounding  while you were out?