padu

San Diego to San Bernardino - off road suggestions?

I can do this on the Trail 90…

2 hours ago, tntmo said:

I can do this on the Trail 89

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Oracle said:

I can do this on the Trail 89

Always gotta one down a guy. 

• Haha 2

Has anybody done Idyllwild Mountain Road? I'm planning on doing it on my way up.

image.thumb.png.5907a344118d9100aad271ad914c4b2c.png

On 8/3/2022 at 1:40 PM, Hawkins said:

Share all you can! Our community needs more of this. Currently, we don't have an official way to do this, but I'd love to find a good way to build a track library.

The track sharing section is great. It's just too bad that no one seems to want to add to it. I think you and I are the only ones so far that have added tracks.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, TexasDualler said:

I think you and I are the only ones so far that have added tracks.

I've shared rides before: 

Doing so was one of the things that made me want to help polish up this website. I think that the track library is one of the cornerstones of making this site useful to new members. I don't think what we have is the best way of doing it, but it is better than nothing. Once we get migrated, I'll be tacking how to best collect and share tracks.

• Like 2

Yes, I know. Sorry for the confusion. When I said you and I, I was referring to you @Hawkins. I agree there could be a better, more searchable and organized way to share tracks but at the moment people don't seem to keen on sharing tracks openly. 

• Like 1

All of the relive videos i post here allow users to download the gpx file from the rides

open source

On 8/3/2022 at 8:55 AM, Mr.JAJA said:

Perfect 1150 GSA route. I take this ever time. Except up to BB, I  take the Rutherford trail leaving on the 38,200 meter past Angel's Oak on the big dirt parking lot. In BB you can take the Coxey trail out of Fawnskin north. I rode ther all the way to California City, Ridgecrest dirt.

Stay safe and have fun.

Let someone know when and where you going.

How many hours was it to Big Bear. 

part of me is wanting to do it as a night run this month (aug) to beat the heat. 

59 minutes ago, LORENZ said:

How many hours was it to Big Bear. 

part of me is wanting to do it as a night run this month (aug) to beat the heat. 

All depends on your load, riding style and speed. Me full loaded GSA for a 7 day trip, slow riding, two easy days.  Younger guys do it in a day with a support car for all the camping, food stuff.

On 8/5/2022 at 7:52 AM, tntmo said:

I DID it on a TW200!

Great route, I've entered into Big Bear by going towards Angeles Oaks then dropping into the canyon and back up to Snow Summit. August heat is no joke but if this monsoonal moisture sticks around, maybe there will be some cooler day windows ahead.

Edited by Goofy Footer
  • Like 1