Angela

Total noob!

Hi all, I'm Angela, wife of @Hawkins, and am just starting out with motorcycle riding. I took a dirt bike course during a week of middle school summer camp a million years ago, and rode a moped around Chiang Mai, Thailand with @Hawkins in 2013.

Just bought a Royal Enfield Himalayan (2022) and have had a few lessons to get me started so far. I only have my motorcycle permit, but have my drive test scheduled for August 11, so looking forward to being able to ride longer/later after that. 

I have a gaggle of young kids around me most of the time, but they all go off to school/preschool in a couple weeks, so I'm looking forward to getting more seat time in soon!

IMG_3911.png

IMG_7084.png

• Like 6

Angela,

Welcome, plus a big Thanks for lending your Dude to the group. He is much appreciated.

Cool Bike.

• Like 3

Angela, thanks for you and your hot hubby 🤪 for joining. Good luck with your bike and riding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome Angela!

@Hawkins told me about your Royal Enfield and your riding with Saibeth.  She is a good person to learn from :) 

I am sure we will meet soon

Perry

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to it, however knee replacement surgery on Monday is gonna sideline me for a few days (weeks?)

• Like 2

From one Noob to another, welcome. I hear your man is a stud.

• Like 2

Welcome, that is really exciting, there is just something about those Himalayans that really makes them a cool bike. You also are getting to learn from a really talented road rider, Saibeth is awesome.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, moto_rph said:

knee replacement surgery on Monday is gonna sideline me for a few days

Sending you good vibes buddy. If you want to have your 2-wheeled friends over for a beer sometime, let me know. I did ankle surgery years ago and recall the boredom of being on my butt for weeks. Bathing was a pain in the butt leg. Trashbags and medical tape are your friends.

1 hour ago, shutterrev said:

Saibeth is awesome

Is she on the forum?

Edited by Hawkins
combined two comments into one.

Welcome Angela, you’ve got yourself a very capable, and nice bike there👍
Check out this epic trip👇

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hawkins said:

Sending you good vibes buddy. If you want to have your 2-wheeled friends over for a beer sometime, let me know. I did ankle surgery years ago and recall the boredom of being on my butt for weeks. Bathing was a pain in the butt leg. Trashbags and medical tape are your friends.

Is she on the forum?

shower chairs for the win.

21 minutes ago, ECDave said:

shower chairs for the win

YES! I kept mine well past the time that I needed it for my bum ankle. When my back is acting up or when I have one of those days where I Just Can't, I sit on that chair and just meditate under the hot water.

5 hours ago, Hawkins said:

Sending you good vibes buddy. If you want to have your 2-wheeled friends over for a beer sometime, let me know.

Trust me, that will be sooner than later :)

thanks for the vibes

• Like 1

Welcome. That bikes a modern classic! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

That bikes a modern classic!

It really is an interesting bike. Confidence building, techy enough to be useful (it has a turn-by-turn navigation indicator!), cool looking, well built, and most importantly, it got my wife to learn to ride. I am proud of her work and happy to see her having fun.

• Like 4

Welcome @Angela it will be great to have you along on the rides. And thanks for supporting @Hawkins in all he is doing for this community. 

• Like 1

Nice!     That's the bike Itchy Boots, one of my favorite Youtube channels and all around great gal  rode places I can only dream of on.     

Welcome aboard. 

Miss Itchy Boots in case anyone hasn't seen her awesome channel.

-8566623465976257826_IMG_3298.jpg

Edited by Bub_Hannah
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bub_Hannah said:

Miss Itchy Boots

Damn that’s a stunning photo. Zoom in and check out that road patina. This image tells a story. Squad goals @Angela!

• Like 1

Interesting bike, that should be fun.

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail!