Bub_Hannah

Updated: Two-Fer Tuesday "Romantic" Black Mountain Night ride August 9th

Sounds like fun. I'll have to 25 or 6 to 4 this tho, as that is a work night for me. Maybe sometime in the future. I like night riding/driving generally.

UPDATE: I guess I'm a couple days behind in my brain. Hope it was fun.

Edited by Biker Jones
  • Like 1

Just wanted to say that the Kug sticker received on this ride does indeed add 10rwhp at least. 

5090FDB0-DCC9-4930-9D1A-BE32E5ED4C44.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, shutterrev said:

Just wanted to say that the Kug sticker received on this ride does indeed add 10rwhp at least. 

5090FDB0-DCC9-4930-9D1A-BE32E5ED4C44.jpeg

At least 10 years experience. 

• Like 1

You're killin me!  One thing I've never done (by choice) is dirt riding in the dark.  Now I can't wait.  Looks like another cool experience :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the vid. Looked fun and won't miss the next one. Plus i wanna ask if i can ride that Postie.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cmbthumper said:

Thanks for the vid. Looked fun and won't miss the next one. Plus i wanna ask if i can ride that Postie.

The Trail 90 is available for rides but you better have a strong back because it doesn’t have strong suspension.  I had a blast wringing it out, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cmbthumper said:

You shoulda seen him throw that little b*tch on its side and spin a brodie outta the ‘camp’ site. I’d trade ya JaJa’s Jeep straight up for that hog. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zubb said:

spin a brodie

I witnessed this, a brodie was indeed spun.

2 hours ago, cmbthumper said:

Too old or too young maybe but WTF is a Brodie?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Zubb said:

You shoulda seen him throw that little b*tch on its side and spin a brodie outta the ‘camp’ site. I’d trade ya JaJa’s Jeep straight up for that hog. 

You already broke a collar bone, you would kill yourself on that ride and we all know it.
stick to walking for now, it is safer

🤣

• Haha 1

I've been known to abuse my small off road rigs like that, made a cut from another video I made a while back.  Jim helped film it, we had a good time riding up Otay that day.  Guess we should schedule a romantic night ride up there soon.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DSM8 said:

You already broke a collar bone, you would kill yourself on that ride and we all know it.
stick to walking for now, it is safer

🤣

Ohno my friend. My first summer of moto at about 8 years old or so started on a Briggs/Stratton Tote Goat, quickly moved up to a fancy schmancy Honda 50 and then to step through 90.  Complete with Hi/Lo range switch on the case.  She was a fanciful powerful real mans bike to me then and I frankly am surprised TNTMO can handle it will the step to 125cc bolted in.

The Honda, she does not scare me.  But that little Trials bike in the shed . . . that thing'll hurtcha!

The clavicle was just a me earning my 'real motorcycle rider' badge after all these years.

Fresh pics today though and Dr. Thunder (gawd, what a great name) cleared me to street ride the German rocket if I promised to keep it in rain mode for awhile.  I'm thinking a little paved ride up to Julian for lunch on Friday is in order.  I gotta pull the risers off first so it's a shorter reach to the grips.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zubb said:

... I'm thinking a little paved ride up to Julian for lunch on Friday is in order.  

So by "a little paved ride" mean something like Boulder Creek with some dirt too?  

Would this possibly include Julian Brewing Company?  My mouth waters thinking about their Brisket

IMG_4791.thumb.jpg.7aa2beca74588239b82844f869303895.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

• Like 1

That's my "go-to" lunch stop.  Love that place.  But ..... no dirt for me as that constitutes a violation of my parole.  Since a couple pieces of the clavicle are still floating around trying to "attach", I've promised myself, wife and surgeon that I'll stay on high traction environments.  Wouldn't want to screw up my first day outside the big house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello again

I have been out the past 2 Tuesdays and haven't seen a soul. Is this not a weekly/ bi-weekly adventure? If not it should, similar to the flying monkeys hump day rides. great time of the year to be out at night...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CarlsNad said:

Hello again

I have been out the past 2 Tuesdays and haven't seen a soul. Is this not a weekly/ bi-weekly adventure? If not it should, similar to the flying monkeys hump day rides. great time of the year to be out at night...

Post up a few days before to let people know that you're going and I'd bet you'll get some riding partners.  It's not nearly as romantic all by yourself....🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tntmo said:

Post up a few days before to let people know that you're going and I'd bet you'll get some riding partners.  It's not nearly as romantic all by yourself....🤣

Unfortunately I am the king of work schedule confusion. I don't know I'm riding till 5 minutes before I go ride. However I still ride at least 4 times per week so I'll keep an eye out and eventually meet the group. Tomorrow afternoon is on the sched but will probably be street bike oriented with the dog along the old Hwy 80 through Julian and Mt. Laguna.

• Like 1

It's that time of year.  Anyone up for Tuesday 7/18?  Sun sets at 7:56   It would be good to get together again

• Like 2

I am out -- going to the Midwest for a month or more . Glad to see the ride back for the summer .