Bub_Hannah

Updated: Two-Fer Tuesday "Romantic" Black Mountain Night ride August 9th

45 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Digging the zen-ful-ness of this as a cripple watching from the armchair.  Thanks again for posting vids and planning up this group ride

Hey Kelly.... Zen is the perfect word that described that ride down the mountain.  It really stuck with me.         I was listening to music thru my Cardo comm unit on the way down and Mazzy Star "Into dust" started playing.   Now that is a zen song.         Will be cool if you and Mr Jaja can make the ride...er... Jeep crawl...;) 

I hope you are healing up quickly.   in the meantime...I found some protective wear you may want to consider. 

3b9rqi.jpg

53 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Jesse - kudos for your work on the website and calendar.  I like it!!

I hope members will start to use it and refer to it.

I 2nd the Kudos.     ...and appreciate the help with my first ride organizer.  :good:

Edited by Bub_Hannah
  • Haha 1

Sounds fun, would love to join and eat some dust in the dark!

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 1:42 PM, cmbthumper said:

Never rode my 07' KTM 450 EXC at night with the stock headlight. Too dangerous??

I have a spare helmet light you can try out,  Ill never ride off road again without one.  It snaps in a gopro mount (works best on top of the helmet) then there is a battery pack that drops into your backpack

Helmet light.JPG

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pokey151 said:

I have a spare helmet light you can try out,  Ill never ride off road again without one.  It snaps in a gopro mount (works best on top of the helmet) then there is a battery pack that drops into your backpack

Helmet light.JPG

What is the brand of that light?

4 minutes ago, socalhodaka said:

What is the brand of that light?

Oxbow Voyager is my loaner, I love if for the cost ($100) but I won a Desert Unlimited light which is what I use now.  

I'm in if I can make it down in time. I work in Corona, so we'll see.

Wait, y'all got my hopes up with the romantic evening.😥 Why you playin with my emotions like that... Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pokey151 said:

Helmet light.JPG

That's the one I have.   Great light.    I use it on my bicycle too when we load up and go down to Coronado to ride around at night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bub_Hannah said:

That's the one I have.   Great light.    I use it on my bicycle too when we load up and go down to Coronado to ride around at night. 

Yes money well spent

If the meeting time is at 5:30, when would kick stands be up to head up the hill? Trying to see if I can make the timing work since I would be leaving the office in Carlsbad.

Edited by AlphaOgre

Sounds like I would be in over my head with this one. Have fun! Ride safe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlphaOgre said:

If the meeting time is at 5:30, when would kick stands be up to head up the hill? Trying to see if I can make the timing work since I would be leaving the office in Carlsbad.

What say we go KSU @ 6:00pm...that gives us  roughly 1 hour 40 minutes till sundown.     I figure 40-45 minutes up the mountain from the coffee house. 

I'm flexible if that time doesn't make sense.    

• Like 3

I don’t think I have ridden my tiny bike at night, but I’m gonna attempt it.  Made it back to San Diego so will be there as long as nothing goes sideways.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tntmo said:

I don’t think I have ridden my tiny bike at night, but I’m gonna attempt it.  Made it back to San Diego so will be there as long as nothing goes sideways.  

Want to pool up to Udo’s? My truck or yours, either way works for me. 
I’ll  be riding shotgun in Udos jeep for the night. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Want to pool up to Udo’s? My truck or yours, either way works for me. 
I’ll  be riding shotgun in Udos jeep for the night. 

2 hours ago, tntmo said:

Cool!  Glad all you guys are going to make it.

• Like 1

I just did a test run.  The headlight is about as bright as two candles, but the bike is pretty slow so I probably won’t die.
 It did safely get me and 20 beers home from the store so I call it a success. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tntmo said:

I just did a test run.  The headlight is about as bright as two candles, but the bike is pretty slow so I probably won’t die.

My 05 exc headlight was basically equivalent to an oil lamp, I know what you mean.   Good thing is you just ride with others and there is enough light 

• Like 1

@Hawkins  are you planning on going?   I may install the buddy tracker antenna, if I get time tomorrow evening, on the Voyager pro, you are the only other person I’ve seen using it, it would be cool to try it out

11 hours ago, tntmo said:

If you have 12volt, I  can lend you a HID head light. I will bring it anyway. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

If you have 12volt, I  can lend you a HID head light. I will bring it anyway. 

Yeah, I might see if I can add something.  The electrical system is marginal on the bike, may just get a calcium carbide miners helmet.

Edited by tntmo
Chemistry
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

@Hawkins  are you planning on going?

I'll be there and I'm down to test TrailTech's buddy tracker.

• Like 1

@Hawkins I am planning to take the little bike for this ride, want to meet up at my place or the gas station off the 78 enroute to Ramona?

@DSM8 Sure, but I’m bad at non-specific addresses. Part of growing up in the cell phone era + my memory. Give me a specific address for that meetup spot and I’m there. 

1 hour ago, Hawkins said:

@DSM8 Sure, but I’m bad at non-specific addresses. Part of growing up in the cell phone era + my memory. Give me a specific address for that meetup spot and I’m there. 

Meet at the AM/PM right off the Nordhall ramp on the 78 at 5pm.
LMK if that works for you.
@Kuge is going to meet met there as well

• Agree 1

I have totally upgraded the lighting system on my baby Honda, found a high quality Chinese headlight in my treasure trove.  I cut it into pieces and then cut a piece of plexiglass to fit the headlight ring, put some self stick insulating foam stuff between it all and it doesn't look as bad as it sounds.  I also have some castoff LED spot lights that came off some junk I had around here and hooked them up, wired them in so they come on with the high beam. 

I hope y'all have sunscreen and dark visors.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3