Bub_Hannah

Updated: Two-Fer Tuesday "Romantic" Black Mountain Night ride August 9th

Updated:  Don't let the "Romantic" reference scare you off...that was Toms fault!    This is not Brokeback MTN night ride. :lmaosmiley:

Last year (August I believe) a group rode up/met up on Black MTN for Twofer Tues ride....   Hung out,  watched the sunset and rode down in the dark.    That was one of the best rides I've been on.   Riding down the mountain in the dark was a magnificent experience. 

Who's in?   Lets do this.   Bring some Tacos, snacks, and a beverage of choice if you like.     

We'll meet at Main Street Coffee (formerly Packards) in Ramona tentatively @ 5:30pm for now...stay tuned for actual time.    Sunset is 7:39 pm.    

Ride difficulty level:  I would say intermediate.     You should be comfortable navigating a mountain trail with loose rocks/ruts in some areas....and doing so in the dark.   Proper lighting is a must. 

Few pics from last year...

IMG_20210803_192832687_HDR.thumb.jpg.998d4a10228a8cd819fcd1c82eb3ec3c.jpg

2021-08-04_0-49-26.jpg

Edited by Bub_Hannah
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

These rides were usually called Two Fer Tuesday rides.  Grab a couple beverages of choice, ride up to a scenic point with your moto buddies and enjoy the sunset together.  How romantic!  

Post up a date and people will join!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I’m gonna be back in town for this, guess I better try to join.  I will bring my Bluetooth speaker and Chicago’s Greatest Hits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If we are not leaving on the 9th, I will drive the jeep up the hill.

• Like 1

I'd love to do this! Sounds like a good excuse to get my lighting setup dialed in. I was looking for an excuse to go to Amazon. :)

I'll also bring a Skydio 2 to capture us enjoying the view.

I'd like to politely suggest you use the calendar for this event. I'll gladly feature it on the top page of the forum if you do! The conversation can still live here, however, the additional event on the calendar might draw more eyes. You can find it here:

calendar.png.51a9b8115035d3cc770413f0cf1591c3.png

Click the highlighted link and start filling in the data best you can. I can come in and edit/help if needed.

Edited by Hawkins
  • Like 1

Hey Jesse.    I clicked the calendar link....but I can't find a way to add it to the calendar.  Am I missing something?

I see you are a Skydio owner as well.   Loving mine.   Such a cool product.   Too bad it can't be flown at night. 

I’m in if I can hitch a ride with Udo in the Jeep. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bub_Hannah said:

I clicked the calendar link....but I can't find a way to add it to the calendar.  Am I missing something?

Do you not have a, Create Event button?

822263832_createevent.thumb.jpg.2765485ee94e6a17572cb051f40d9012.jpg

Nope....no "Create event" button.  I've tried two different browsers.   Firefox and Brave. 

I modified the title a bit and enabled RSVP... and event approved! You can also have the conversation part of the event there on the event page, just FYI. I am curious how the community decides to use events. Regardless, using the calendar will get more visibility to our rides!

Is there a start time and location for riders to meet? A lot of rides met at Packards ( no longer Packards) at Seventh and Main. Will you be stopping before the top to enjoy your barley pops? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkins said:

I modified the title a bit and enabled RSVP... and event approved! You can also have the conversation part of the event there on the event page, just FYI. I am curious how the community decides to use events. Regardless, using the calendar will get more visibility to our rides!

Thanks Jesse

2 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

Is there a start time and location for riders to meet? A lot of rides met at Packards ( no longer Packards) at Seventh and Main. Will you be stopping before the top to enjoy your barley pops? 

I was actually looking for input on what the "gang" normally does.   Meeting at "Packards" works for me.      Sunset is 7:39.   What do you folks think about meeting time to ride up, hang and enjoy the sunset?      Last year, Mike and I met up with the group late and we found the group stopped about 3/4s from the top of the mountain so I don't know what the meetup or other details were. 

Can someone link me to a Google Maps entry for this Packards place? I can add it as a venue for events so that people can easily find it.

3 minutes ago, Hawkins said:

Can someone link me to a Google Maps entry for this Packards place? I can add it as a venue for events so that people can easily find it.

It's Main Street coffee now.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Main+Street+Coffee/@33.0445502,-116.863653,20.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80dbe899d99775bf:0x4e10f94ced9e8a13!8m2!3d33.0445634!4d-116.8636158

• Like 1

Added a venue choice. You can update your calendar entry @Bub_Hannah and set Main Street Coffee in Ramona as the venue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zubb said:

I’m in if I can hitch a ride with Udo in the Jeep. 

I will let you know if we are leaving on the 9th or 10th. 

1 hour ago, cmbthumper said:

Never rode my 07' KTM 450 EXC at night with the stock headlight. Too dangerous??

Maybe try it out somewhere real dark beforehand to see how bright it is.     I only had my stock headlight and factory fogs (on my Tiger) when we did this last year and I had no issues.   I even discovered later that I left my  headlight brush guard on which restricts the headlight somewhat.   I also had an Oxbow LED helmet light...but that just glared off all the dust in the air.     This year, I've got my D3 Denalis added and I can't wait to see the super-nova they put out.  :dance2:

We took our time going down, it wasn't a race.    Ultimately, it's a comfort level thing.    

Here's a video I made in case anyone wants to see the whole descent...click on the gear to make sure you get highest resolution on YT.        

Edited by Bub_Hannah
  • Like 1

Jesse - kudos for your work on the website and calendar.  I like it!!

I hope members will start to use it and refer to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bub_Hannah said:

Maybe try it out somewhere real dark beforehand to see how bright it is.     I only had my stock headlight and factory fogs (on my Tiger) when we did this last year and I had no issues.   I even discovered later that I left my  headlight brush guard on which restricts the headlight somewhat.   I also had an Oxbow LED helmet light...but that just glared off all the dust in the air.     This year, I've got my D3 Denalis added and I can't wait to see the super-nova they put out.  :dance2:

We took our time going down, it wasn't a race.    Ultimately, it's a comfort level thing.    

Here's a video I made in case anyone wants to see the whole descent...click on the gear to make sure you get highest resolution on YT.        

Digging the zen-ful-ness of this as a cripple watching from the armchair.  Thanks again for posting vids and planning up this group ride

• Like 1