spazegun2213

7/31 Nate Harrison for Newbies ride

I've been on business travel this week and just got home today. I'll see everyone in the morning and I apologize for not being more active in this thread.

Pm me if you have pics ill give u my cell to send them over to add to my ride video

Big thanks to everyone that came out! It was a much larger group than I thought it would be and I'm pretty sure we had every skill level represented.

Big thanks to @DSM8and @Hawkins for the sweeping they did. 

Sadly I didn't get any pics/video but I know others did! 

I look forward to seeing you all again on future rides!

• Like 1

Thanks for organizing a group ride !!

Great to meet everyone today.   I have to apologize I forgot names but I would like to get in contact with the guys who rode street back with Bob and I.   I’ve have far too many concussions and my short term memory has been altered due to one major one I had.  
the gentleman who bought Hawkins KLR who was from TX and the gentleman from New York. If interested please contact me so we can arrange a ride/hangout. I still would like to get you out to Pappy and Harriet’s.  

J5ive, great meeting you, enjoy your trip

Hawkins, Nice meeting you and everyone else   We need to do this more often   I’ve been off the bike for a few months so it was nice to get out

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

We need to do this more often   I’ve been off the bike for a few months so it was nice to get out

Yeah man, sounds fun. I ride with @shutterrev, @moto_rph, and @PerigrinoRobbino most often. Good people, the lot of em.

I am terrible with names. Photos are numbered, just identify yourself and add some context to the photo and I'll update the descriptions to match.

1. IMG_0921.thumb.jpg.581fbb6d8b33195e1192382091a7885e.jpg
    Does anyone know the two KTM riders? That is 
    @MikeEscoNYC in blue in the back.

2. IMG_0922.thumb.jpg.3956868abff53aacb819361ebef33afd.jpg
    @Pokey151 on the left, and @Rjg967 on the camo KLR. @AcousticTie in the retro helmet, white gloves, and classic KLR, looking ready to take your girl. 

3. IMG_0923.thumb.jpg.7661c8ba8cebfd5c30402012769625c3.jpg
    @AcousticTie is excited about his first real offroad ride. I can speak for the group in saying that we are happy to see new members and we welcome riders at all levels. It doesn't hurt to have a boss KLR650.

4. IMG_0924.thumb.jpg.93826aeef2bce81de17bf61fd92eae63.jpg
    @spazegun2213, our fearless leader and event organizer.

5. IMG_0925.thumb.jpg.fd71ff88c2b4cc8d96f9219aabaac5d8.jpg
    @ECDave on his Super Tenere.

6. IMG_0926.thumb.jpg.14a38fc01bd7628ef4ab235d98909fa7.jpg
    @J5ive and @MikeEscoNYC, the group's experienced Harley Riders. I love seeing riders with tons of road miles expanding their horizons with adventure bikes.

7. IMG_0927.thumb.jpg.15998c8642731bd2d4f9d20927dec335.jpg
    One of the best things about rides like this is new members meeting each other, swapping stories, and transferring knowledge. Here
    @J5ive holds court.

8. IMG_0928.thumb.jpg.ef9bd59fd4a71b72b9438dea1ae2e6a6.jpg
    Who is this on the left? That is 
    @spazegun2213 and @MikeEscoNYC talking to him. @AcousticTie is always lurking in the background, working on stealing your girl.

9. IMG_0929.thumb.jpg.d09ad7b4c1763fa8f96ffeb1389c147b.jpg
    @DSM8 got a nasty sting on his wrist at the start of the ride and it bugged him... (get it?) the whole ride. 

10. IMG_0930.thumb.jpg.080d6ee380186ac2a1ad7ec808256609.jpg
    @J5ive in gray on the left, @DSM8 checking out the bug bite on his wrist, and @AcousticTie in the Canadian tuxedo on the right with his awesome KLR behind him.

Edited by Hawkins
added more pics & tagged some photos

Well my ride report is not as fancy as the others.

First one to the gas station so waiting for the riders to show up, we all got together and had the quick rider meeting.
X is the lead do not pass him
Y is the sweep he is always going to be last

Faster riders in the front slower in the rear, ride your own pace and don't worry about slowing down the people behind you they will get around you if needed.

Following the guy on the big GS he kept looking back all the time and it was affecting his lines so I pulled up next to him and said just keep looking ahead and stop worrying about the sweep. I think it made his ride easier at that point.

My excitement took place right when we left the gas station something stung me on the wrist, kept hurting like hell rest of the day.

This morning I now have a swollen forearm never had this reaction to any bee or wasp sting so this one is just weird.

Headed back to the starting point area for lunch (Mexican place) then split up for the ride home. 

• Like 1

Photo number 2 on the KTM is me Pokey151 on the right is RJG967 on the camo KLR, if you look hard you can see the bike, it is camo after all  :)

Ao follow up on the sting

it has grown to proportions like i have never had before this might be a black widow bit which is possible it was in my gear or???

well had to go to er

damn big pill they gave me, if necrosis sets in going right back post haste

Res circle is bite mark size of pencil tip

swelling is fron wrist to middle of form arm, area is very solid and hurts (edema set it)

89AE4094-F0A4-459A-B5AC-31228A16E284.jpeg

• Sad 3

14 minutes ago, DSM8 said:

Ao follow up on the sting

it has grown to proportions like i have never had before this might be a black widow bit which is possible it was in my gear or???

well had to go to er

damn big pill they gave me, if necrosis sets in going right back post haste

Res circle is bite mark size of pencil tip

swelling is fron wrist to middle of form arm, area is very solid and hurts (edema set it)

You should take a couple antihistamines.   It helps a lot for bite like that. 

Thank you  Spazegunn2213  for putting on the ride.  It was perfect for me, get some much needed experience and was able to meet a lot of people...however, I'm horrible with names.  Please forgive me if I don't remember yours...

That's me in photo #6 on the Tenere 700  -  then again in photo #7 standing talking with Pokey151.   Can't remember the names: guy from NY on the new white BMW and the guy with the blue Super Tenere 

Looking forward to many more rides I had a blast

17 minutes ago, Pokey151 said:

You should take a couple antihistamines.   It helps a lot for bite like that. 

Oh this is well beyond that, I did that first thing when I got home, doubled the dose just to be safe.
This is something new.
Someone said Murder Hornet...I wonder

35 minutes ago, DSM8 said:

Oh this is well beyond that, I did that first thing when I got home, doubled the dose just to be safe.
This is something new.
Someone said Murder Hornet...I wonder

Ouch!   I got bit my a spider and it looked like that, the bit mark ended up looking like a burn, then road rash.  The red patches grew to about 8 inch radius and lasted about 10 days, but the bite wound lasted a few weeks

40 minutes ago, J5ive said:

Thank you  Spazegunn2213  for putting on the ride.  It was perfect for me, get some much needed experience and was able to meet a lot of people...however, I'm horrible with names.  Please forgive me if I don't remember yours...

That's me in photo #6 on the Tenere 700  -  then again in photo #7 standing talking with Pokey151.   Can't remember the names: guy from NY on the new white BMW and the guy with the blue Super Tenere 

Looking forward to many more rides I had a blast

Blue Super Tenere is Dave Niccum-ECDave on here. 

Yeah, great to see a good number of members! This was only my 2nd ride with the group and it was a great day. Thanks for putting this together! 

See y'all again soon!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DSM8 said:

Wow this is super cool!  Looked like a malfunction at one point though, it labeled one spot 93mph but the speed limit is 55. Must have been some kind of GPS glitch. 😎

Bummed I missed it, looked like a fun ride.

BTW, that KLR had the sexiest radiator shrouds (and rider) I've ever seen!

Edited by bfar33
  • Haha 1

@DSM8 (tangent, I'm a car guy, and I read that as DSM - 8, like you were somehow silly enough to own 8 of them) I hope you are feeling better! 

All, I'm terrible with names as well, but the more we all ride together the more likely I'll be to remember them... that said I'll remember your bikes long before I remember your name, lol

I'll try to work with a few of the guys on here to see if we can get something monthly arranged. Between rides, tech days, and there was even talk of classes (group riding, drove flying, etc) there is a lot of fun going on and (this one is for you @Hawkins)"I'm a busy person"  so knowing the group does something on the xth Saturday (or sunday) of the month, helps me block off my calendar. 

There was also talk about moto-camping which I'd totally be down for. 

• Like 1