cmbthumper

Looking 4 KTM RFS Rebuild Guru's

Could go on forever but researching shops to feel confident on who to send my motor to.

Dave Hopkins - I've e-mailed and discussed options with him. He did my 07' 450 and happy but just trying to avoid shipping it. 

Caflash on KTMtalk. PM'd there weeks ago but no reply.

Ron Bishop - Haven't spoken to but hear his shop is darn good

Mike Tripes - Tuned my 07' 450 for the PO but i stink at researching so not sure if he has his own shop or not. 

TKS Performance - Just received this companies info from Wierdrider (Thanks) and seeing what they are all about

My 07' KTM 525 EXC Backstory (134hr - 2231mi)

In the Build section i did a small build thread. It was maintained well, was solid and had low hours and miles but the PO had no idea what soap was. Turned it into a Supermoto a few months ago and began chasing an oil leak. The first leak was from the Crankcase breather. Otiker clamp solved that one. Ran it for a few miles and was wet around the Drain plug area. Needed and oil change so replaced all the o-rings on the short and long screens, filter covers and put a brand new KTM OEM drain plug and crush washer. Still leaked and while cleaning up i saw this mess. Between the head gasket and what i believe is the case gasket leaking, i want the entire motor blown apart to get new gaskets/seals everywhere. Since it will be apart i would like the bottom end checked and any bearing upgrades or other mods done, head done with valves, piston etc. Your basic rebuild.

20220514_115549.jpg

Mike Tripes works out of his garage. I believe he was a KTM race mechanic, not positive about that though? He did my valves, and I had no problem. He’s in El Cajon, off of Murray Dr. 

I replied to this a few days ago. Looks like it vanished? Anyways, Long story, short...Racers Machine in Escondido can do most any machine shop work you may need done.

Hopkins -- If he is still doing his thing well I would stick with him . 

@amgems There was a database issue on 7/11 that required a restore from backup from 7/10. Message/posts/PMs sent during that ~24-hour window were lost. The data is still available, but it isn't a simple, "drop-in" restore. Sorry for the inconvenience.