DSM8

Tech Day - Saturday July 23rd

I will be there, and I might be able to talk my wife into coming with me. I'll have drinks, snacks, and tools. I want to add a front and rear-facing camera setup to my 21' AT AS ES DCT. I have the gear just haven't say down to zip tie the 200' of wires that thing comes with. If my wife attends she'll likely want to add a USB port and phone mount to her new bike (I'll let her introduce herself when she joins).

@shutterrev you'll be missed!

Hey @Angela, this would be a good time to bolt on some crash bars, a USB port, and some storage (extra points if it is a milk crate!).

15 hours ago, Hawkins said:

I will be there, and I might be able to talk my wife into coming with me. I'll have drinks, snacks, and tools. I want to add a front and rear-facing camera setup to my 21' AT AS ES DCT. I have the gear just haven't say down to zip tie the 200' of wires that thing comes with. If my wife attends she'll likely want to add a USB port and phone mount to her new bike (I'll let her introduce herself when she joins).

@shutterrev you'll be missed!

I have done wiring work on the AT before, this is not a tech day job if you want it to be clean you will need to take off the tank etc to run the wires. That bike is so tightly packed with mass centralization I had a hell of a time installing the aux harness for the USB, Heated grips and aux lights. That was just a 3 wire system too.
Somthing to consider it took me 3 days to fully install the system so it had no interference with anything and was fully protected within the frame of the bike.

OK so I have a head count of around 8-10 people.
I am picking up dogs and soda tonight, if you want to drink beer you will have to bring your own.
I dont drink beer so we never have that in the house (and my bourbon is off limits).

If you are not a meat eater but want to grill something bring it I can throw it on there for you

4 hours ago, DSM8 said:

my bourbon is off limits

Dude, that is my favorite brand!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DSM8 said:

That bike is so tightly packed with mass centralization

Right?! I think the engineers were betting each other how deeply they could bury the guts. Good advice - I'll save this project for a time/place where I can strip it down and leave parts laid out.

I know where you hide the bottles. 😈

Noob here. Sounds like a cool meetup. Would love to attend but got a busy weekend. Hope to meet you all on the next one.

-A2

19 hours ago, Zubb said:

I know where you hide the bottles. 😈

you already have only one good wing how is that gonna work when you don't have kneecaps?

Dave, what time will you roll open the shop door?

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

Dave, what time will you roll open the shop door?

opens at 9am

F40367B1-5BC5-41C1-ACF7-A2F3942C1BE0.thumb.jpeg.03f765f356fe90569c401c9754678e54.jpeg82A45639-CEA3-4BB7-837A-7A5857FC7DD9.thumb.jpeg.c9467fbd7bb03e2af4e220dbf132dfe5.jpegI’m bringing these ramps if anyone wants to buy them, I will deliver them to your home as long as it’s within reason. $75 for the pair ($230 new). 

Y'all watch out for that guy DSM8 !

Wish we could be there.

Had a really good turnout around 9 bikes in total

Only worked on two. We did an oil change on the KTM 990 and there was also a BMW 800 that we did some work on fixing wiring turn signals and I made a custom Saddlemount in order for him to use a tankbag was too busy so I didn’t get any pictures helping others that attended will be able to post some up where Ryder also had his broken topcase sit down so we welded some aluminum reinforcing plates on that and it went home with drank and the last people left around 4 PM so if you got pictures please post them up in the where Ryder also had his broken topcase sit down so we welded some aluminum reinforcing plates on that and it went home with the job overall was a good turn out most of the food got eaten most of the soda got drank and the last people left around 4 PM so if you’ve got pictures please post them up in this thread I really didn’t get many 

sal and his friend

tube bender and the new guy from Wales that owes me some tea 😉

C566874C-C7E1-4EC2-AE15-4AF2D42277F6.jpeg

D280A9BF-C166-457A-97AF-410E6173CFC1.jpeg

• Like 1

It was a great way to spend the day, as always. Thank you Dave for hosting another Tech Day. It’s always great to meet the new faces and see if you old ones.

• Like 1

Sorry I  had to leave early. Had to drive my mom in one of our toy's to Descanso to pickup some camping gear. 

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the invite...was able to meet a lot of people today.  Looking forward to riding with them.  Interesting stories and some good advise passed around by the group.  

Really appreciate you putting this on and sharing your place with us.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make it, but  I really appreciate the help with the top box🙏🏻🍻

1 hour ago, tubebender said:

Geez man, use a comma occasionally.

And I'll bring my own relish next time.

Coma’s are overrated, and overrated 

dont get me started on the relish

Reinforcing weir riders topcase

ugly welds standing up and leaning over does not make for good welder position 

2C448D62-1C47-41E8-B7AE-BCC9957866BE.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DSM8 said:

Reinforcing weir riders topcase

ugly welds standing up and leaning over does not make for good welder position