cj54x

Pine Valley to Corral Canyon 7-3-22

5 of us showed up for today's ride. About 2 hours in I got a rear flat (slow leak) and told everyone to continue on without me, they didn't want to leave but I assured them I had a spare tube and spoons just in case and I would be fine. I was able to get it pumped up half way with my peace of crap pump and that got me to Buckman Springs road. A Jeeper saw me struggling with my pump and asked if I needed help, he filled my tire with his pump and I was on my way at full speed. It was getting low by the time I got to Hwy. 80 so I slowed down to 45, at Sunrise Hwy. it was mostly flat so limped home (4 more miles) at 35. The weather was prefect and I had a good time even with the flat tire.

• Like 2

Thanks for the summary of your way back. Glad you made it without too much drama. Thanks for getting me out on the trails. It was a stellar day.

Brent, you are a way better rider than you give yourself credit for. If you want to progress to harder trails I would love to be there. I know you prefer to ride Sundays, just LMK. You could be riding the most difficult in no time

45 minutes ago, cj54x said:

Brent, you are a way better rider than you give yourself credit for. If you want to progress to harder trails I would love to be there. I know you prefer to ride Sundays, just LMK. You could be riding the most difficult in no time

Thanks for positive feedback. Today was good proving ground. I just have little experience to judge my skills. I'm amazed at how similar it felt to mountain biking. Stay loose on the grips, relax, keep body weight over the center, keep momentum, pick a good line, don't over think it, commit and go for it. 🙂

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Biker Jones said:

Thanks for positive feedback. Today was good proving ground. I just have little experience to judge my skills. I'm amazed at how similar it felt to mountain biking. Stay loose on the grips, relax, keep body weight over the center, keep momentum, pick a good line, don't over think it, commit and go for it. 🙂

You’re right. Those that come from aggressive Mtn bike riding to Adv bike riding usually have a lot easier time ‘getting it’.  Those coming from street Moto’s over to off road have to learn to do quite the opposite of what they been practicing all these years. 
Cheers!

2 hours ago, Biker Jones said:

Thanks for the summary of your way back. Glad you made it without too much drama. Thanks for getting me out on the trails. It was a stellar day.

It was a very nice day. Only picture I took today. 

9FB6D1C3-3E18-4346-BF65-675D4F5E345E.jpeg

• Like 2

Great day guys, aside from my temporary detour off Meadow Spur trail. Thanks crfxer for helping me get back on track 😂

• Like 2

Hey guys do those trails and the others in CC OHV and BV OHV have difficulty ratings at the trail heads? I didn't see any Diamond markers.

Biker Jones. Stop by the Ranger Station in Alpine for maps.  These free ones are outside in a rack.   Get one for the Cleveland National Forest too. That one costs $14 I think. These will show you all the available trails and fire roads in your area.  lots of good stuff

90F96FD9-2E3A-4108-9F9E-21C4A6FCC5B1.jpeg

E9F7EF2A-3502-49F2-B076-B9A5928DF022.jpeg

45D6003D-758C-434E-932C-6FB89E1E60B7.jpeg

11 hours ago, SANRider said:

Great day guys, aside from my temporary detour off Meadow Spur trail. Thanks crfxer for helping me get back on track 😂

Haha!  No problem!  Glad everything was ok