KTMrad

Site was Down, Now is Back Online

We had a problem with a certificate for the site, many thanks to Hawkins for getting us back online !

Since site came back up bow get message can send 0 messages per day

what happened  

eg can’t send messages 

Not familiar with this issue. Tell me what steps you are taking (where your clicking) before running into the error. 

Lets say I try to send to a message I get this error
Clicking this gets me that, and I am not getting notifications either like when you replied to my question.

image.thumb.png.a24622bdcba7526883122f14399c55e3.png

Found and fixed the issue. For reasons I can't fathom, the various groups that are used to categorize users (members, supporting members, guests, admins, etc.) had different settings related to messaging, with your group (moderators) being unable to send any messages at all. The rabbit hole went quite deep on this one with discrepancies in almost every possible setting across the multiple groups. Getting them in sync required 101 (!) changes to group permissions. In addition to being able to send messages, your group name has a color (under your name when you post on the forum), and you can have a single image in your signature (instead of unlimited, other groups had 0, now all have 1), your signature can have 5 lines of text (instead of unlimited, other groups had different values, now all have 5), you can react to posts (some groups could, others could not, now all can), etc. Just a chaotic environment that is overdue for sanitization. 

Edited by Hawkins
Spelling and grammar - and now you must enter edit notes!
  • Like 2

All good man. I'll send over a summary of the before -> after values of every change I made.

Why are some screen names red or purple or lime colored?

16 minutes ago, Zubb said:

To make u green with envy

21 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Interesting, as this is much more obvious on a large-screen computer. They are member types on the forum. I’m red because I’m an admin, whereas purple is for moderator. It’s not very clear on mobile. Thoughts?

mobile is where I noticed it. On the full screen desktop you see the "roles" are colored.  But on the phone, the screen name is colored and there is no "role" shown.  That's why I wasn't sure what the colors were about.  Now that I understand it, I like it.

• Like 2