KTMrad

Ride to Work Day 6/20/22

https://americanmotorcyclist.com/ride-to-work-day-2022?utm_campaign=2022_0615AMAExtra&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Net-Results&utm_content=2022_0615AMAExtra#

June 15, 2022
AMAExtraHeader.jpg
Visit the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame

Celebrate the 31st Annual Ride to Work Day on June 20

Are you struggling with getting to

By Kali Kotoski

Are you struggling with getting to work on time because of the same old traffic and construction? Or does flipping the radio station and hearing the never-ending dings from email notifications make the commute that much longer? Maybe you think all the tools for the day couldn’t possibly fit on the bike, yet you cringe at the thought of filling your truck’s empty fuel tank?

Well, no more excuses, because the 31st Annual Ride to Work Day is coming on June 20. The event was created with the mission of “advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and providing information about everyday riding to the public.”

Plus, riding to work clears the mind and increases focus before getting at the tasks of the day!

The very first Ride to Work Day event took place on July 22, 1992, but it wasn’t until 2000 that Ride to Work — a nonprofit organization — was formed to both organize and promote Ride to Work Day. Today, the event happens every third Monday in June, rain or shine. The 501(c)(4) nonprofit is an all-volunteer effort and organizers include former AMA Board Member Andy Goldfine, Christine Holt and Lynn Wisneski.

“The big benefit of riding to work is that you are a happier person and more effective at solving life’s problems as they come before you,” Goldfine said. “Motorcycles are a health benefit, not just a toy.”

Goldfine, who’s best known as the mastermind behind the Aerostich brand and the creator of the Roadcrafter suit, said the idea behind Ride to Work Day is to bring awareness to the public that motorcycles are an effective and efficient form of transportation, not just a leisurely activity.

“America is really the only country where the car industry skipped over motorcycling,” he said. “In the rest of the world, motorcycles are used as a primary mode of transportation. Of course, motorcycling takes more work, but the more you put in the more you get out of it.”

So don’t forget to pull out your bike out for the 31st Annual Ride to Work Day on June 20 and show how motorcycles aren’t just a hobby, but an effective mode of transportation. As you do that (and have a blast), your mind will be clear and you will have a great day at work! Trust us on this!

I ride my 50cc Malaguti Yesterday (Bologna Italia) scooter to work every day.!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, robertaccio said:

Malaguti

Malaguti Firebird, the mobilette of Jules, one of my favorite characters in one of my favorite films, 1982's DIVA, a Jean-Jacques Beniex directorial masterpiece.

image.png.1038586c3d66e978b5c28ef08d2ec060.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robertaccio said:

I ride my 50cc Malaguti Yesterday (Bologna Italia) scooter to work every day.!!

Malaguti? I have not seen any here In the US.

16 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Another victim of Italian cottage brands. they are over and done early 2000s , heard an Austrian company owns the name. 

16 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Stock foto of mine 2002 Malaguti Yesterday (Retro style) 50cc Minarelli/Yamaha oil injected , e-start , auto. It's a super hip get around town machine, old school Italian , no China scooters for this guy (Taiwan OK just no CCP brands for me)

Malaguti Yesterday 2000

Malaguti-Yesterday-2000.jpg

Used-2002-MALAGUTI-YESTERDAY-50CC-SCOOTER-INCLUDES-HELMET (1).jpg

Used-2002-MALAGUTI-YESTERDAY-50CC-SCOOTER-INCLUDES-HELMET.jpg

every day is a ride to work day.

If I commute 12 miles of 105 I always rode.

Even in the rain unless it was torrential then I worked from home that day

• Like 1