Dress4Less

Headin' North!

Yo fellow SDARers! The wife and I are on our retirement journey northward...first stop, Folsom, CA (home to the infamous concert venue at the prison there by Johnny Cash!). Several family members that we will be visiting in there (JUST KIDDING!). One of the Yamaha MX race team trucks was parked in the lot of the hotel we stayed at. They are heading to Carson City for the Hangtown MX event this weekend. 

IMG_2449.jpg

I'll be checking out the forum from afar and posting ride photos from the PNW! Thanks for the great SoCal ride adventures!

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 4:01 PM, simicrintz said:

Did you fully leave or are you just heading north?  Either way-congrats!!!

Yes...sold the hacienda in RB and purchased a log, mud & straw shelter on 18.4 acres at the edge of a river out of state. Moving from cement, stucco & mega-peeps to dirt, tall trees and almost zero-peeps. Thanks for the congrats! Damn near as exciting as going on a Kkug Adventure ride!

• Like 1

Congratulations.  Heading for Wyoming to live soon also, myself.

Good trails there in the high desert.

IMG_0586.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with well wishes for someone on the way to new riding areas either. I am always interested in how our members who have moved on are doing, and hopeful to ride with them again in their new home.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tntmo said:

Nothing wrong with well wishes for someone on the way to new riding areas either. I am always interested in how our members who have moved on are doing, and hopeful to ride with them again in their new home.

Indeed!

And Mr. Ross is one of my favorite ride buddies- you GO Chris!

• Like 2

Some posts edited and some comments deleted because they detracted attention from the original post...thanks for understanding. 

The original post had nothing to do with why Dress4less was leaving California and he made no reference to the present state of affairs in CA.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well, we went to the North now more than once, just for Vacation trips/ travel. As nice, quiet, green,separated it is up there, there are downsides for me and my wife. Cold, Rain, Insects, long drive to the grocery /hardware store. 

I wish you the best and hope that we can stop by one day on our travel trips.

Chris,

The PNW is a big range; How did you go about narrowing a location?  Other than knowing you wanted a “ Log Cabin “ with a 3 stall garage.

Inquiring Mind

23 hours ago, KTMrad said:

Some posts edited and some comments deleted because they detracted attention from the original post...thanks for understanding. 

The original post had nothing to do with why Dress4less was leaving California and he made no reference to the present state of affairs in CA.

Good job! That's what keeps me coming to the site. Thanks Randy

Dang Dress4Less, another one escapes.

Appreciate meeting you and how you treated myself and my kids. You're a good guy, so wherever your dirt, tall trees and almost zero-peeps are, they will be blessed to have you there.

Best to you!

Hello my SDAR Peeps! Just got internet service today in the Mud & Straw shelter and I am finally able to contact the "outside" world once again! My wife, two dogs and I have been "camping" in the place as we STILL do not have the furnishings we had shipped on 6/2! Most importantly, my beloved orange five-hundo is not here yet...sad, sad, sad. So, we had to purchase a RZR...haha...Latest date on bike delivery is 6/30...aaarrrggghhh! 

It is GREEN, GREEN , GREEN and there is WATER, WATER, WATER...I have 19 hours between the Husky lawn tractor and DR Trimmer so far...Deer and Trout are abundant...and, sometimes, we even hear BANJO music off in the distance HA!

Will continue to post as we settle in...take 'er easy and keep it up-right!

On 6/4/2022 at 10:01 AM, dirt dame said:

Congratulations.  Heading for Wyoming to live soon also, myself.

Good trails there in the high desert.

Thanks Mimi...where in Wyo. are you headin'?

Spent lots of time in the Pinedale, Big Piney, Jackson Hole area...super scenic riding there...just don't trespass...they have good aim...😲

On 6/5/2022 at 10:35 AM, tntmo said:

Tom - I may be in need of spare chain links again...don't leave the country...😀

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 10:48 AM, paulmbowers said:

Indeed!

And Mr. Ross is one of my favorite ride buddies- you GO Chris!

Aaaahhhh...Mr. B! Likewise my friend...problem is, I could never keep up with you! But, you did always wait for me at turns...😀

On 6/5/2022 at 12:02 PM, Mr.JAJA said:

Well, we went to the North now more than once, just for Vacation trips/ travel. As nice, quiet, green,separated it is up there, there are downsides for me and my wife. Cold, Rain, Insects, long drive to the grocery /hardware store. 

I wish you the best and hope that we can stop by one day on our travel trips.

Thank you for the well wishes Udo! Make sure your passport is up to date...stones throw away from the northern border....

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 9:42 AM, Bagstr said:

Chris,

The PNW is a big range; How did you go about narrowing a location?  Other than knowing you wanted a “ Log Cabin “ with a 3 stall garage.

Inquiring Mind

Bags - aka Dave / The Governor - Always heard "bigger is better"...except on dirt-bikes that is...😀 It was the property...the combo of it all just hooked us

On 6/14/2022 at 2:46 PM, numpty said:

Dang Dress4Less, another one escapes.

Appreciate meeting you and how you treated myself and my kids. You're a good guy, so wherever your dirt, tall trees and almost zero-peeps are, they will be blessed to have you there.

Best to you!

Numpster! Great meeting you and the kids too! Thank you for the kind words and well wishes. Hopefully, your kids will continue the riding and camping legacy as I and my grown kids have done!

1 hour ago, Dress4Less said:

Thank you for the well wishes Udo! Make sure your passport is up to date...stones throw away from the northern border....

I will knock on your door, next time I am up there.

1 hour ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I will knock on your door, next time I am up there.

Sounds good...I'm sure all 20 of your GS's would love it up here...haha...

A few pics of the place...

South East View off porch.jpg

East View off porch.jpg

Driveway into House.jpg

Circular Drive - one shop visible on left.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 12:08 PM, Dress4Less said:

Yo fellow SDARers! The wife and I are on our retirement journey northward...first stop, Folsom, CA (home to the infamous concert venue at the prison there by Johnny Cash!). Several family members that we will be visiting in there (JUST KIDDING!). One of the Yamaha MX race team trucks was parked in the lot of the hotel we stayed at. They are heading to Carson City for the Hangtown MX event this weekend. 

I'll be checking out the forum from afar and posting ride photos from the PNW! Thanks for the great SoCal ride adventures!

Picture did not work. But I rode the Johnny Cash Bike trail into the Folsom Prison parking lot. That place is built on a hill and it looks like a Medevile fortress. The have a museum. I did not go. The bicycle trail goes threw their ranch lands. Kinda cool. 

20220311_095447.heic

On 6/24/2022 at 9:08 PM, kkug said:

Picture did not work. But I rode the Johnny Cash Bike trail into the Folsom Prison parking lot. That place is built on a hill and it looks like a Medevile fortress. The have a museum. I did not go. The bicycle trail goes threw their ranch lands. Kinda cool. 

20220311_095447.heic

For you KUG! Crank 'er up!

On 6/24/2022 at 8:53 PM, Dress4Less said:

A few pics of the place...

OMG. 
If a person had that, and a shack in Borrego, he’d be set for eternity. 

congrats brother! I’ve spent half my life in the PNW and am happy for you. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zubb said:

OMG. 

And I  would be there to,  with my wife and 20 BMW.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zubb said:

OMG. 

Maybe one day that will happen! Gotta convince the wifey that the Dez is every bit as beautiful as the forest...just in different ways...😉

Thanks Zubbster!

• Like 1