J5ive

New member from Poway

I'm very happy I found this site...

I'm sure like most of us, I rode dirt bikes in my teens through my mid to late 20's.  Got married had kids and riding was out.  Then in the mid-90's, I got my first Harley and have been doing cross county rides since then (from 98 till the pandemic hit - I have over 300K miles of traveling on my Harleys).  In those travels, many times in the mountains, the road I was on would turn to dirt - thus stopping me there.  I got the Tenere 700 so I don't have to stop any longer.

I'm looking to meet people to ride with locally or wherever...I'm retired.  I would like to ride BDR's, TAT, the continental divide trail or anywhere that's cool/interesting.  I find it's little tough going out by yourself and practice, worried about a crash - with people along, it'll take some of the stress out and it makes it fun.

It's been 35-40 years since I was riding in the dirt, I'm a beginner/novice at best, to the off-road stuff, but I won't be for long.  I've taken a couple of training courses to understand the basic's - now I need to get out and gain experience.

Looking forward to meeting and riding with others in the area.

Bikes I currently own:  2021 Yamaha Tenere 700, 2011 Harley Road Glide, 2006 Harley Electra Glide and a 1980 (80") Harley Shovelhead swingarm.

Thanks,

J5

• Like 2

Welcome!  I am in Ramona we try and get out and ride often but the last 2 months, work has gotten in the way.  There is a good group of guys in here who seem to ride great spots, I just know a few

Your story sounds like a lot of them, want to keep exploring once the pavement ends.  That T7 should fit the bill perfectly.

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

• Like 1

@shutterrev and I would be good riding partners for you. We've been out the last 3 weeks consecutively, finally taking a break this week. I do GPS logging whenever I ride and we both capture video for fun. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone...

Hawkins...I'd like to get out with someone that knows the trails, as long as you don't mind riding with a total new.  I'm out of town for the next week but after that...

Welcome and thanks for joining !

KTMrad - SDAR Founder

On 6/5/2022 at 8:54 AM, J5ive said:

I'd like to get out with someone that knows the trails, as long as you don't mind riding with a total new

This is exactly what @shutterrev and I do. I am new to adventure bikes in general and to road riding specifically. That, and I just moved here from Seattle so everything is new to me. Be sure to reach out when you are ready to ride. I'm at 206-915-3773, just text or call when you are ready to ride. We typically start early on Sunday morning (out the door around 7:00-7:30 am) and try to be home mid-afternoon because we both have family/household commitments.

Welcome J5.  I am new too and always looking for a ride partner. My work can be a little restrictive but I can usually get out at least once, maybe twice,  a month… as long as I haven’t broken my bike while working on it 😂

16 hours ago, socalhodaka said:

I’m in PQ, ride a GS 800

So, where is PQ ?

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

So, where is PQ ?

If it were a snake it would have bit ya.

😂

image.png.7fbfee60234b325402f4f699f1159265.png

• Like 1