Sign in to follow this  
Mr.JAJA

TV antenna recommendation

Hi, We are back from our cut short trip to Alaska. We had our TV paused for the time being out. Since we are back early and have no TV I like to buy a outside antenna to get the local stations. Any one in Ramona used a Outside antenna and can make some recommendations? I think about to cancel the whole TV (Direct TV) for good.$150 for 5-6 channels we are watching is just not in my mined.

I know they have ones that you put in your attic, out of site. And we’re quite cheap. Haven’t used one though. I probably should. 

I hate Cox.  They ruined the service we had with them and I cut the cord.  We are in Vista.

I placed a digital TV antenna in a cabinet soffit by my TV and we get 3 main channels and about 40 subchannels (english).  I can receive the TV stations that are broadcast from Mt Soledad with the interior antenna but would need to get one for the roof if I wanted to get the other local channels (Mt. San Miguel) and LA stuff. 

Antenna placement is key.  Some appliances can interfere with the signal.

I'm happy.  I only watched a fraction of what Cox forced on me.  We have streaming stuff to fill in the gaps.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H1KQ3SH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thanks for the input, will work on it and let you know the result I come up with.