This was my first big trip so many videos aren't great.  I really liked it though and it was fun to see the very different environment and meeting all the great people as well.

I was able to get out there right before COVID so December 2019 - January 2020.  It was 10 days starting in Chiang Mei and heading west toward the Myanmar border and Salawin National Park.  Then up to Mae Hong Son for New Years.  Over to Pai where I switch from one guide to another then over to Chiang Dou up to the local hill tribes and finally back to Chiang Mei.  It was way more low key then going to Bangkok or anything.  The trails out West got pretty gnarly.  There was a lot of little pebbles and leaves that had built up.  The ride North was not as rugged and had a bit more traffic on the road.  The bike provided was a Honda 250l with some mods.  I'll look through the videos I have and like to more, but being the first time I used the GoPro I missed a lot when the battery died or I turned the camera off instead of on. 🤪

Thailand_gps.PNG

• Like 1

Wow! That is awesome! The trail appeared to be VERY well maintained...looking forward to more viddy if you have it. Thanks for sharing!

Ok so another day.  The village was pretty cool.  They got more interesting as we headed North.  The road started out nice paved into the village dirt out.  But started to get rough near the end.  Battery went out just not too long after that.

• Like 1

Things calmed down a lot after that ride.  There was nice river crossing.  It was large but shallow.

Also some stuff not motorcycle specific.  We saw a few shrines and temples like these.  And there were elephants everywhere.  I avoided any place where it looked like they did rides or anything that seemed specifically bad but there were many that just said they kept food around and spent more time keeping tourists in line more than anything.

GOPR0097s.jpg

GOPR0099s.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Yowza!!

Yeah for my first big ride and one out of the country at that, I was probably in way over my head.  The guides were great though and it was a lot of fun and I would definitely do it again.

Pretty amazing trip.  Thanks for sharing.