For the first time, the BDR crew has released the feature documentary film about the ride In Full for free.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this.  We are planning on doing this late July

I'll be guiding w/  W38M the week of July 17.  This tour sold out quickly when Dusty first posted it. It's a camping tour vs a motel tour and we have a support vehicle to lug everyones gear - - - - thus, we can all ride nekked bikes sans all the weight of a weeks camping gear.  Yay!

I've never seen a BDR release get this kind of attention in the ADV community.  It almost seems like everyone who's doing a BDR this year is doing this one.  Good thing WY is so vast and wide open!!!!

@Pokey151 we are riding South to North.  If you go that week, keep an eye out for 15 ADV bikes and a white support truck in camp.  Stop in and say hi if you have time.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I'll be guiding w/  W38M the week of July 17.  This tour sold out quickly when Dusty first posted it. It's a camping tour vs a motel tour and we have a support vehicle to lug everyones gear - - - - thus, we can all ride nekked bikes sans all the weight of a weeks camping gear.  Yay!

I've never seen a BDR release get this kind of attention in the ADV community.  It almost seems like everyone who's doing a BDR this year is doing this one.  Good thing WY is so vast and wide open!!!!

@Pokey151 we are riding South to North.  If you go that week, keep an eye out for 15 ADV bikes and a white support truck in camp.  Stop in and say hi if you have time.  

That's awesome man! Have a blast and make us all jealous with pics and vids. 

4 minutes ago, shutterrev said:

That's awesome man! Have a blast and make us all jealous with pics and vids. 

Will do my best. 

• Like 2

On 5/16/2022 at 7:22 AM, Zubb said:

Any update on how this ride went?  I'll be honest, I'm conflicted on a BDR "camping tour" where a truck carries all your gear.  We're not talking a rip the tip baja secret single track tour with a guide, small technical bikes and mandatory bib mousse. 

But.. if it gets more people riding than I suppose that counts.

@Goofy Footer as for a chase vehicle, I've done a lot of trips with and without.  In my opinion, if you have a number of riders with less skills than the group as a whole ... the truck can help even up the group by removing the weight and sway of camping gear.  It will speed them up, and lessen the number of drops, and increase everyones enjoyment because of that. 

UPDATE:  Kelly goes to the hospital in June and screws himself out of a whole summer of riding.

However . . . . my son Adam went with W38 and a mob of industry names that wanted to "free ride" together and goof off at whatever pace they wanted and scout the BDR  conditions for a commercial tour the following week.  GS's, 901's, 890's and similar weaponry were deployed.  

Adam iron butted down from Seattle to Baggs and met up with them there.

IMG_1459.thumb.jpeg.c24540356c5768424b70daefa00454e1.jpeg

Plenty of awesome scenery...

IMG_1478.thumb.jpeg.2429df43ee31edcedb34c9d59ef032c4.jpeg

IMG_1486.thumb.jpeg.a1ae462d29a11804c92b8d041f43644a.jpeg

Several good water crossings ...

_FW22869.thumb.JPG.ed63898d4a80b147cf4be08aa80a413c.JPG

Very nice group riding roads ...

IMG_9872.jpeg.44a5125b098f9cecb0c32e5d292aea22.jpeg

IMG_9896.thumb.JPG.a0660ac101f4d95be5b5f3ed96191426.JPG

IMG_6699.thumb.JPG.d04f651eb25b955b1e843cf2541e9f52.JPG

IMG_9968.thumb.JPG.771b0d3991f0f74298f0d24e9ff0361c.JPG

52230961059_daa4b5c7ed_o.thumb.jpg.074f2ab96fe85f2d5cd33262fd165017.jpg

Until it wasn't.  If you find mud on this route, it will be legit.  Don't trust Wyoming mud. Even the little bits.

IMG_1466.thumb.JPG.5523caca16674cab499a967113308168.JPG

The expert sections were all very doable on the big bikes for strong intermediate level riders.  Hint: not all the crew opted to ride the expert sections.  So just know your skill levels and ride accordingly.

IMG_1506.thumb.jpeg.3cf55891a0da9705677c45a7f6b679c7.jpeg

Plenty of long boring flats to ride.  The middle sections  getting to the rim was pretty taxing to those not used to riding deeper sand and talcum powder.

In Adams summary, he said he'd probably replace some of the middle sections of the route with something a little more interesting if possible.  But the northern sections were stunning and very fun riding.

Remember folks, you heard it here ...... 2nd hand info for what it's worth.

IMG_9935.JPG

IMG_1527.jpeg

52230688696_fedf7be1c9_o.jpg

• Like 1

Great video! I guess I would never be able to ride that one. I could not stand on my pegs that far.😁 ha ha.