1 hour ago, crfxer said:

The 2 traffic stoppages we got hung up in were on the 79 between Julian and Santa Ysabel

Construction stoppage?

3 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

Construction stoppage?

One was, digging huge trench.  Other was tree trimming. 

Anyone in for some Fred Canyon tomorrow?  Late start as usual and perhaps a lunch stop.  Looking for an alternative route back to Thing Valley and Mt Laguna then over to Engineer rd and Boulder Creek otherwise via La Posta and ???  Leisurely pace.

I'm doing some riding around the border at Otay Wilderness and Sycamore Canyon tomorrow if anyone wants to join.  Super easy route mostly.  I was by there today and everything is green again with the recent rain and conditions are perfect!

I'm doing Sycamore Canyon as described above again Monday.  Anyone in for this?

Edited by Jlburgess

Late notice ride tomorrow (Fri) Barona, Ramona, ???,  Boulder Creek Rd plus water crossing.  Big bike friendly plus great scenery with recent rains.

I’m trailing with a couple guys tomorrow. Not sure their route but should include some of those. Leaving Alpine at 9:30, lunch in Julian. If you see 2 GS and an Africa Twin, flag is down. 

Would be happy to but the leader has an agenda and I’m just along for moral support. He’s prerunning a route for a large group ride this weekend.  But if we pass, will happily hit the skids and stop to say hi. Look for our bikes in Julian if you are going thru at lunch time. Probably Julian beer company. I think you have my number?

I think I rode with you once from Ramona with SanRider?  Not sure.  I have a terrible memory for people but remember every turn I've ever taken on long and confusing backroads.  Go figure. 😉

• Like 1

Jburgess, can I make a suggestion?

If you want to get more people interested in riding, would be best to start a new post for every ride and not post it in this thread...or even put it on the calendar and I'll approve it. I would love to populate our calendar with people going riding.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Jburgess, what I said was just a suggestion,  you can post it however you'd like...but again, if you want, I can post rides you want to do on the calendar 

26 minutes ago, Jlburgess said:

I think that's called a hijack. 🙄

What exactly do you mean ?

I don't do Facebook because I have no interest in sharing advertising profits with Mark Zuckerberg. That's why I frequent my local forum and donate to keep it that way. If I post a ride here I would expect it to remain here and local people would RSVP.   I did give you permission to post it elsewhere but I didn't realize that I would no longer be invited to the starting point.  You probably didn't know that either?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Jlburgess said:

I did give you permission to post it elsewhere but I didn't realize that I would no longer be invited to the starting point.  You probably didn't know that either?

Still don't know exactly what happened,  but it doesn't matter. 

I don't think I'll be sharing rides from here over to our FB Group anymore. If people here are on FB and want to share their rides there, great.

It’s your ride, how are you “not invited”?  

• Like 1

I would like to figure out the Facebook rides thing. Those pics make me so jealous. 

I haven't figured out how to join the group because I'm old and computer illiterate . When I go in facebook(ADHD) I get flooded with all the other groups and can't find the sdar calender . 

I'm catching up but I'm just too dumb and slow 🐌

Thankyou randy for trying to connect the sdar website rides to the Facebook rides . You have a vision and I think you shud stick with it despite this one obstacle.

Please keep trying Rad so we get connected to riding with new friends and places.   

Randy you have a gift of bringing all us riders together for awesome Adventure and I'm grateful for that.

• Like 1

Hey Darren, on FB just look up San Diego Adventure Riders Group. 

35 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

Ya I found the page but is there a calendar somewhere?

No calendar on FB.

1 hour ago, 350thumper said:

Ya I found the page but is there a calendar somewhere?

Thanks.

Darren, there is an Events Tab on the FB Group foe events.