FYI Pine creek gate is open yesterday. 

• Like 1

Oh that is good news!  Thanks for the update.

I'm considering doing Coral Canyon on Monday if anyone is interested?  Likely an easy loop and big bike friendly.  If nobody is in for that one it might turn into a sport bike ride somewhere fun and twisty like Banner Grade east of Julian.

23 hours ago, crfxer said:

Monday 9-19 gonna stage at Pine Valley cul de sac at 9 and go explore.  Possibilities include, Pine Creek, Pine Valley Creek, Kitchen Creek, Fred Valley, Thing Valley, Glider Port, Cameron TT and a couple other off the radar trails in between. Red Jeep, KTM 500.  

Ooh, didn't see that until now.  I might be down for this!  Fred Canyon is one of my favs!   Check your PM's Rory. 👍

Edited by Jlburgess

33 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

I could do 930-10:00am.

Ya just gotta get up earlier

Crop_20220918_193931_1978.thumb.jpg.a8d627a3e3894d75c8b92e65e2c2f847.jpgI got the bike loaded up on the moto-van.

All my gear is in the van and I got water and charged cell fone with a full tank gas. 👌 

I have to dump a quick load at ocotillo dump 8am then grab my van at 830.or just before. I will high tail it up to the pv market  parking lot hopefully by 9::-9:30am.

I'll be parking at the new pv deli at the MountainMarket in PV.

I've heard they use Boars-Head meat and have great sandwiches. 

If you wait for me I'll buy lunch at the end of the ride at the new deli.

My adventure vision for this Monday is Boulder Creek up to Cedar Spur / Eagle Peak rd into Julian then maybe poke around Wynola and Volcan Mtn.  Likely back down 79 to Laguna, then Pine Mtn to Descanso.  Probably on the road by 9:00 since it could get hot later or maybe T-storm based on clouds popping up this afternoon.  Any takers?

You almost have me “callin in sick” tomorrow. But alas, I work. 

Anyone up for a Monday dual sport ride around the Lake Cuyamaca area tomorrow?  Monday ride is on!  Less traffic and more fun.  Route us flexible and big bike friendly. 👍

Edited by Jlburgess

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

What time?

9 ish.  Perhaps a stop after at Descanso Junction for cheeze burgers?

I could do Nate Harrison Grade around 530pm On Thursday  night. Big bike ok.

Testing  out a new sausage recipe @ Fry Creek. 😋 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 6:20 PM, tntmo said:

What time?

9 ish.  Perhaps a stop after at Descanso Junction for cheeze burgers?

Wow, it's now a dual sport paradise this weekend and Monday with the rain.  I'd like to find a couple of riders willing to join in a few of unusual but easy roads that I don't do often to join in. Likely Cedar Spur or Fred Canyon.  Probably leaving around noon at a leisurely pace and stops for grubs.

11 minutes ago, cj54x said:

Where is Cedar Spur?

From 3 sisters trailhead down to Eagle creek. Or vice versa. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jlburgess said:

Wow, it's now a dual sport paradise this weekend and Monday with the rain.  I'd like to find a couple of riders willing to join in a few of unusual but easy roads that I don't do often to join in. Likely Cedar Spur or Fred Canyon.  Probably leaving around noon at a leisurely pace and stops for grubs.

Lurking...

Great ride once again!  Thanks for joining Rory. 👍. I'll notify CalTrans to not be working on our route next time. 😉

Here's the overlook at Cedar Spur / Eagle Peak area.  No water down there yet but trails conditions were great.

IMG_20221017_130250663~2.jpg

Edited by Jlburgess
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jlburgess said:

Great ride once again!  Thanks for joining Rory. 👍. I'll notify CalTrans to not be working on our route next time. 😉

Here's the overlook at Cedar Spur / Eagle Peak area.  No water down there yet but trails conditions were great.

IMG_20221017_130250663~2.jpg

Yes indeed, beautiful day for a ride!  The traffic delays are the chance you take when slabbing it.  On the dirt, you just go around that stuff.

Yeh, the 8 east was a Jam last week!  Thankfully the moto's just split through the chaos and carried onward.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Yeh, the 8 east was a Jam last week!  Thankfully the moto's just split through the chaos and carried onward.

The 2 traffic stoppages we got hung up in were on the 79 between Julian and Santa Ysabel

38 minutes ago, crfxer said:

The 2 traffic stoppages we got hung up in were on the 79 between Julian and Santa Ysabel

That sucks.  Much harder to get around one lane in your direction.  YUCK.