Would you consider this a big Bike ride or more for a smaller plated bike like a 350 or 500??

Thanks for putting this event on!!

Cheers, Chris

It is big bike friendly.  Not any really technical sections, so larger bikes and newbies will benefit from the route layout.

• Like 2

Perfect bike would be a KLR650, DR650 or XR650L, that said, big bikes will be fine.  Smaller bikes that can run down the highway at 55 mph should be good.  The dirt will not be that challenging, so pick your bike accordingly.  It will be a long day, so it should be comfortable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Any Bike will do this. 

Even a GS? 😉 Haha...

2 hours ago, Dress4Less said:

Even a GS? 😉 Haha...

Moar to do with the pilot (rolls eyes in @Zubb direction)

😉😂

Haha. Got it and Thank you everyone's for your input. I'll dust off the KLR 650 and ride it proudly. I'm thinking I'll strap on all my camping gear too and make it an adventure ride. :)

In fact how do you sign up for tent camping at Pico Pio? SP? Or do we just show up?

Cheers, Chris

8 minutes ago, ctoogood said:

Haha. Got it and Thank you everyone's for your input. I'll dust off the KLR 650 and ride it proudly. I'm thinking I'll strap on all my camping gear too and make it an adventure ride. :)

In fact how do you sign up for tent camping at Pico Pio? SP? Or do we just show up?

Cheers, Chris

There is enough space for 20 tent campers to set up, already reserved and it is free.  If you have a RV or something like that, you will have to pay and reserve your own space.

Thank you Dirt Dame. So are the 20 spots first come first serve or can we sign up for them? Looks like a nice place. I've ridden by there many times but have never stopped.

Cheers

We really don't think there will be many people camping overnight since the next day Monday is a work day.

You'll probably be fine.

But then again, we may add a line on the entry form to reserve a tent spot so we have an idea of how many people plan on camping in a tent.

Route was pre ridden on a 1250 and a 1290. 
If you can navigate some rain ruts you will be fine. It’s an adventure bike course as opposed to a single track. Anyone one who rides there dual sport off road with camp gear should be able to handle the route fully loaded. 
disclaimer: everything changes with time and weather. And if it gets tough you can easily bail out to pavement. 

It’s scooter navigable. Maybe my Trail 90 will be ready? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tntmo said:

It’s scooter navigable. Maybe my Trail 90 will be ready? 

you ride that.  I'll take the trials bike.  We should roll into camp around midnight.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Zubb said:

you ride that.  I'll take the trials bike.  We should roll into camp around midnight.

You’re not street legal, buddy!  

2 hours ago, tntmo said:

You’re not street legal, buddy!  

But I have a cool sticker that cost me $$$$

The sheriff won’t mind will he?

21 hours ago, Zubb said:

But I have a cool sticker that cost me $$$$

The sheriff won’t mind will he?

Zubbster - Put a Kug Sticker on the bike and you'll be golden!

• Like 2