It's on, and we hope to see you there!  

1st Annual Mountain Dash May 15, 2022

Come join San Diego Adventure Riders and tour the finest backcountry paved and unpaved roads of San Diego County, including panaromic views of the countryside from Palomar Mountain, Boulder Creek and Otay Mountain areas. 

Entry includes GPS route, event t-shirt, a great motorcycle related raffle and catered dinner by motocross champion & San Diego's own Marty Tripes, with tent camping available at Pio Pico campground.
RV spaces are available (not included in entry fee and must reserve on your own).

When: May 15, 2022

Where:  Registration and signup from 8am to 10am at
              Moto Forza Motorcycle Dealership
              1220 W. Washington Ave., Escondido, CA 92029

Ends at:   Pio Pico Campground
                14615 Otay Lakes Rd., Jamul, CA 91935

This ride is suited for all dualsport riders, including large Adventure Bikes and/or novice riders. Bikes must be street legal.
Maximum mileage between gas stops is 50 miles.

All roads will be open to the public so expect oncoming traffic anywhere on the route.
Route will be unmarked. GPS route will be emailed or given at signup.

$100 per entry includes catered dinner, raffle, t-shirt and tent camping.
Limited to 100 participants.  

• Like 2

Awesome.  Get the word out!

Sounds like a great route. Wish I could make it but I’ll be out of country on another adventure.

CiD

Just wondering if anyone is planning on riding or helping with this event?

Seems to be very little interest from what I've seen so far.  Only a couple of folks have been at the planning meetings and not much activity on here about it.

• Like 1

Updated info....

Save a spot on your calendar for this event in May!  San Diego Adventure  Riders, along with the San Diego Off-Road Coalition,  will be hosting  the first annual Mountain Dash on May 15th. We will starting from Moto  Forza in Escondido, and  will  be  riding over Palomar, Julian and Otay mountains. Bikes must be  street legal. This ride is perfect for Adventure Bikes and new riders on  any type of dualsport bike. Ride is about 125 miles total with about  30% easy dirt roads and the rest is twisty, 2 lane  backcountry paved roads. 50 miles max between gas stops. There will be  dinner  and a raffle at Pio Pico Campground (and limited  tent camping  for no extra charge) We are limited to 100 riders and we will only have  signup online. 
50% of all proceeds go to support SDORC and fighting to keep our public lands open.
signup at   [[https://sdorc.org/mountain-dash-reg/](https://sdorc.org/mountain-dash-reg/)](https://sdorc.org/mountain-dash-reg/%5D(https://sdorc.org/mountain-dash-reg/))

We could use some help getting the route loaded into participants GPS's.  If you help us, you get to ride the event for free.  You would need to be at Moto Forza from before 8 to just after 10 am.  We will give you an extension cord for your laptop and people will come to you to get the route loaded.  If interested, contact Ed at 858 822 8274

I just received an email saying my registration is incomplete, but my registration payment went thru on 3/17 and it shows on my credit card statement.  I  also received an email confirmation.   Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT:  reached out to organizers and it's a glitch of some sort.  I'm good.

• Like 1

Here’s the video from Sunday when we had some people show up to promote the ride on KUSI TV.

Hopefully we get more people signed up and the event goes well.  

• Like 1

AWESOME! 

• Like 1

Hi ya,

I signed up and paid for this ride (I THINK I DID) I'm only 55 and my brain is already farting.... not good. I just want to make sure I did sign up. I looked for a confirmation email and cant see it. Is there away to make sure I'm all set as far as registering and paying?

Cheers, Chris

8 hours ago, ctoogood said:

Hi ya,

I signed up and paid for this ride (I THINK I DID). Is there away to make sure I'm all set as far as registering and paying?

Cheers, Chris

Chris, we'd need your last name, and you can email or call Ed Stovin directly,  his email and number are on the flyer. He has access to all the registrations...thanks.

Great. Thank you.  I will do that Sunday or Monday. Going to ride McCain Valley tomorrow on my KTM350 if anybody's out there...

So while I cant give up the entire day for the event I will be there first thing in the AM to help out in what ever manner I can.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DSM8 said:

So while I cant give up the entire day for the event I will be there first thing in the AM to help out in what ever manner I can.

That is good.  All help is appreciated and welcome.

Anyone come when you can if you have a few hours to spare.

We may need help in the afternoon to setup and get ready. Also may need help in evening for dinner, raffle and cleanup.

See you all at Moto Forza,  we'll be doing the ride with Doc Holliday in the sidehack and camping overnight at Pio Pico.

Party on !!!

Looking forward to the ride and meeting up with you all.

Is there a "general" time we should be at Pio Pico?  

I am a complete noob for off-road riding so excited to meet many of you tomorrow and see what I can learn throughout the day. 

• Like 1

You Guys have fun, we are on the road north.

We welcome riders to sign up at Moto Forza tomorrow between 8 and 10 AM.  We will be serving dinner from 4:00 to 6:00pm at Pio Pico.  We will keep dinner going until the sweep crew get a chance to eat.  After dinner we will have the raffle and awards.  Tent campers are welcome to set up and spend the night.  Randy said he is staying and I will be staying in my van.  (I have all the event stuff or I would be on my bike).

Marty Tripes is in the hospital with heart trouble, so we found another caterer to bring the food.  Expect some chicken and beef tacos with rice, beans, salsa and chips.  We will also have drinks (non alcohol) water, Coke, Dr Peper, Sprite and maybe some tea.  The campground store across the street may be selling other drinks.

Ed

• Sad 1

The Pio Pico store across the street sells "adult beverages" and they are open until 6:00.

8 hours ago, Bub_Hannah said:

Looking forward to the ride and meeting up with you all.

Is there a "general" time we should be at Pio Pico?  

Dinner will start around 4pm.