Zubb

Playing around in Borrego

Last weekend I met the W38M crew in Borrego for our first class of the year.  Camping in Borrego Springs is such a great "reset" for me, so hanging with Dusty, Tom and our level 1 and 2 clients was just what the doctor ordered (for me).  Tom and I took and evening rip out to Faunts Pt just before sunset Thursday.  It never disappoints!  Friday morning we stole a half day away from responsibilities to just ride and explore some stuff I've been wanting to see.  Rode and played around off Dump Rd until we popped out at the golf course.  Then rolled over and down Cactus Valley to the highway.  Up Grapevine, Culp Valley and explored numerous spurs in the area. Down Montezuma to the Red Ocotillo for lunch.

I don't often get to just take off and explore with one other friend and it sure was fun to just go. 

Friday evening through Sunday was class time.  It's always fun to meet riders from around the country, sip a cold one by the fire and talk bikes, gear and ride stories.  Good stuff!

I haven't been taking much for pics lately but did take a few and threw them into a little clip. At the end you'll see a bit of Tom.  He'd quietly coasted up behind me as I was ending our level 1 class. After a few minutes I turned around to see he'd been sitting there feet up, no kickstand, probably 4 or 5 minutes total before he stood up and rode away like it was nothing.  When I grow up, I want to be like that. 8-)

• Like 4

Nice Zubbster! That little "balancing act" by your buddy at the end was pretty darn cool!

Ha! Shows you what competing in Trials since he was 7 years old will do for you.

• Like 1

Cool video Kelly...      Some neat view overlooks I'd like to see.       Curious why you use Vimeo over Youtube?

Looking forward to the W38m class in March. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

Stoked to see you out there next month!!

Faunts Pt right now has a section or two of serious sand (on the big bike scale).  If you're feeling good after sand class on that Sunday, we could pop out there.  It's very close to the training area.

My iPhone doesn't like to make my fun little videos and then upload them to (google owned) YouTube.  But it's happy to send them to Vimeo.

Since I let the phone do most of the video making, I just send it to Vimeo directly.  Wish I could do the same for YouTube.

On 2/17/2022 at 12:19 PM, Zubb said:

Ha! Shows you what competing in Trials since he was 7 years old will do for you.

Funny thing is 2 hours after I posted this . . . . . I bought a trials bike.

3 hours ago, Zubb said:

Funny thing is 2 hours after I posted this . . . . . I bought a trials bike.

What did you get? GASGAS, Fantic, Bultaco , Motessa,YAMAHA, Harley Davidson? 

Montesa Cota 315R.  It’s old and looks like a used trials bike 😂. But the price was right and will fit my purpose well. Same guy you bought your HP from. 

• Like 1

If I saw a Harley Trials bike I’d buy it and parade it around as an industrial freak. A 250cc V-twin would be hilarious. 

16 hours ago, Zubb said:

Stoked to see you out there next month!!

Faunts Pt right now has a section or two of serious sand (on the big bike scale).  If you're feeling good after sand class on that Sunday, we could pop out there.  It's very close to the training area.

My iPhone doesn't like to make my fun little videos and then upload them to (google owned) YouTube.  But it's happy to send them to Vimeo.

Since I let the phone do most of the video making, I just send it to Vimeo directly.  Wish I could do the same for YouTube.

Ah....that makes sense.       Dang Apple products....they gotta do things their own way.  ;)

I wanna see videos of you riding that trials bike....lol. 

11 hours ago, Bub_Hannah said:

Ah....that makes sense.       Dang Apple products....they gotta do things their own way.  ;)

I wanna see videos of you riding that trials bike....lol. 

Well, that’s not gonna happen!

On 2/19/2022 at 7:26 AM, Zubb said:

If I saw a Harley Trials bike I’d buy it and parade it around as an industrial freak. A 250cc V-twin would be hilarious. 

Harley rebranded Italian two stroke single cylinder dirt bikes in the 70’s (Aermacchi) so not everything is a v-twin with the MoCo.  Pretty sure they didn’t make a trials version, though.  

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 8:40 PM, Zubb said:

Well, that’s not gonna happen!

Not if I can help it!

• Like 2