Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

Otay Truck Trail Sunday Fun Day

Well I sort of last minute posted that I was considering a simple dual sport ride, had my buddy Justin already in and had one reply on here (bubbagums).  Last night I got a message from RiggerDan so we had a nice little group.

Everyone met up on time and we were off.  Got in the trail at Pio Pico and up we went.  It was just about perfect temperature, I had a light dual sport jacket on.  A couple hikers and a few cars on the way up, the road is in good condition.

We went up to the towers for a stop.  It was probably one of the nicer days I’ve seen up there.  We could see Catalina Island, way down into Mexico…just awesome.  We ended up staying there quite a while just soaking it all in.

During that time a few more bikes showed up, was more SDAR!  CRFXer and I apologize for forgetting the other guy.  Anyway, was cool that we connected up there.

Bob was having some suspension issues so he headed south towards home while Dan, Justin and I went north and took the eastern split down towards Marron Valley Rd.  
Before we got to the bottom, we took the left into the area down there…not sure what it’s called?  Behind the pink gate.  Anyway, I don’t get in there much lately.  We took the trail that goes by the windmill and “pond”, eventually came out by the pink gate.

Then we explored on the west side a little bit, connecting trails and finding some dead ends but they were all fun.

Decided to try to get out to the old ranch.  I hadn’t connected it from this side in years. I guess I forgot about the rock garden.  Anyway we got there and rested a little bit again before heading back to the gate.

We said our goodbyes and rode off into the beautiful San Diego day.  Perfect day to ride with some buddies, see y’all on the next one! 

And I don’t know why my picture is upside down, but I do always have a unique perspective on life so maybe that explains it?  

• Haha 2

Nailed it Tom! Great day, great people and a great time! Thanks for the invite. My panoramic shot is 25Mb’s so guess I wont be sharing that here. Till next time! 

The Rock Garden looks pretty tough. Did you go up and back on it?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CVRick said:

It’s the easier way to get to the rancho.  The other way there is down and back up a steep hill with rocks and ruts.  Actually it’s probably about the same level of difficulty?  I’m thinking about riding out there again to make a video about it.

Yea I remember the first time I went to that house 10 years ago.

The downhill was A little tough.

It was really torn up last Time I saw it A year ago.

Lets go film the area :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CVRick said:

I saw that coming in from the bottom (west) and turned around....      Call me chicken.  lol  (and was by myself)

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 5:11 PM, tntmo said:

It’s the easier way to get to the rancho.  The other way there is down and back up a steep hill with rocks and ruts.  Actually it’s probably about the same level of difficulty?  I’m thinking about riding out there again to make a video about it.

Should post up and make a ride of that.

This is the hill back in 2006.  Rikker coming back down to try again, successfully.  

DSCN0037.JPG

DSCN0041.JPG

Yeah, I remember riding that hill many years ago and it wasn’t nearly as tore up. 

Another ride will be posted up soon, hopefully get a few people out to enjoy the great area we’re lucky to have. 

• Like 2