tntmo

Ramona area dual sport ride

I recently helped my friend Marc get a dual sport bike.  You know it’s a good bike when it comes with a SDAR sticker!  I worked on this bike when @StealthDingo owned it so I knew it was a good machine.

We had planned to go out to Ocotillo Wells with his son, but the young man was not feeling well so we decided to ride locally.  
Out of the Estates and on to Black Canyon Rd.  Really nice day, just a bit chilly in the morning but it was warm in the sunshine.

We rode up to Mesa Grande and then turned around and went back south.  The connector trail (Santa Ysabel Truck Trail?) was open, so we went west.    Then we took Black Mountain Truck Trail to the top.  
Back down and to Pamo Rd, we followed Lusardi to the gate and back.  A spin up Orosco Ridge as well, since it was such a great day.

I think Marc is a dual sport guy now, he really enjoyed the day and didn’t realize all the great spots so close to his home.  75 miles and back in time for lunch.

123172A2-C416-45CC-BC2D-E600103812DC.jpeg

778CDA8B-6B6C-424B-8B6A-133118910DB1.jpeg

2582ACF0-48A4-40EB-BA77-A29611DCA018.jpeg

35C182AB-0583-495E-A3FA-0610619CE3A4.jpeg

803CD042-3D59-43B4-9238-382FCE03F679.jpeg

• Like 3

Awesome Tom! That's a good one day get away...who hauled the cat on their bike in pic #4 in front of the Mesa Grande Store?! Haha...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dress4Less said:

Awesome Tom! That's a good one day get away...who hauled the cat on their bike in pic #4 in front of the Mesa Grande Store?! Haha...

It wasn’t easy transporting Mittens with me all day, but she made for a good photo op!  

4 minutes ago, tntmo said:

It wasn’t easy transporting Mittens with me all day, but she made for a good photo op!  

😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tntmo said:

I have stopped at the Mesa Grande store several times, always thought about it’s history.  Here’s a link telling some of it.

https://ramonajournalarchives.com/on-memorys-back-trail-early-pioneers-ran-the-mesa-grande-post-office-sto-p5727-259.htm

Wow! That's a lot of history right there...thanks!

• Like 1

Hey Mo... Man, that is some great local history I never knew.. thanks for sharing !

• Like 1

I hear Mittens is a real Diva. Is it true?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

I hear Mittens is a real Diva. Is it true?

She wasn’t too fond of jumping the water boards, but really liked the view at the top of Black Mountain.  Not too bad for a dual sport cat. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

And all this, with in minutes of Ramona.😍

We are truly blessed.  

Nice, that's the closest local spot for me to get a quick fix in, I'm off the 67 south of Ramona. Thanks for sharing the historical info on the old Mesa Grande Store. 

• Like 1

Great read. Thanks.  hmmm, Jasper trail near culp and grapevine are out that way - so wonder if that is where James Jasper lived.....  so much good info!

• Like 1