Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Another relaxed day in the high desert 01/07/22

Bugz Beta got a new Midwestern Mountain Engineering clutch lever for Christmas, so I though that Friday would be a good day to try it out.  The weather was superb, nobody else was out there, bought chocolates at Wisteria on my way home, and the clutch lever did everything that it was advertised to do, so it was a fun, relaxed day on the trail, and my clutch hand never got tired or cramped up.

51805694652_764f973403_o.jpg?width=1920&

IMG_0456.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0455.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
51807376870_b8a7980c22_o.jpg?width=1920&

• Like 8

On 1/8/2022 at 4:45 PM, dirt dame said:

Bugz Beta got a new Midwestern Mountain Engineering clutch lever for Christmas, so I though that Friday would be a good day to try it out.  The weather was superb, nobody else was out there, bought chocolates at Wisteria on my way home, and the clutch lever did everything that it was advertised to do, so it was a fun, relaxed day on the trail, and my clutch hand never got tired or cramped up.

Double D - ever considered going to a Rekluse Clutch?

24 minutes ago, Dress4Less said:

Double D - ever considered going to a Rekluse Clutch?

I have ridden other people's bikes that have them.  I wouldn't want the model that doesn't include the manual clutch feature...and then I would have to have the clutch on every single machine I own, because I like them to all perform about the same.  Too costly, and not a good enough return for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dirt dame said:

I have ridden other people's bikes that have them.  I wouldn't want the model that doesn't include the manual clutch feature...and then I would have to have the clutch on every single machine I own, because I like them to all perform about the same.  Too costly, and not a good enough return for me.

Well, it does take a little getting used to...for me, it's "El Perfecto." At least you have tried one out.

2 hours ago, Dress4Less said:

Well, it does take a little getting used to...for me, it's "El Perfecto." At least you have tried one out.

So, I have the Rekluse in my 300, whichis a game-changer for a short-legged guy like me in the technical stuff. I don't have one in the 500 and I tell myself that this helps me keep what little clutch skills I have.

• Like 1

Well done getting those rides in Dirt Dame....  it serves as a reminder to get out there as the reward is well worth it.  Nice pics!

• Like 1

DD that is the bike most offroad trail riders should have. Just watched a go pro of a group of novice guys all on late model and new 300 2 strokes.... they are going to get hurt....they were falling and crashing left and right.  The Beta 200 is such a great platform. EDIT as well as the Xtrainer 300 model type rather than the race bred 250/300 platforms most folks opt in for without proper schooling.

1 hour ago, robertaccio said:

DD that is the bike most offroad trail riders should have. Just watched a go pro of a group of novice guys all on late model and new 300 2 strokes.... they are going to get hurt....they were falling and crashing left and right.  The Beta 200 is such a great platform. 

Are you talking about the RR 200?  That is a nice bike.  But the Xtrainer 300 is very nice also, with eye watering torque at low RPMs.  Although I can't say what a stock one is like, since mine came with RR pipe and jetting.  I see a lot of novice Xtrainer riders that crash in videos.  They don't seem to have good clutch habits developed yet.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dirt dame said:

I see a lot of novice Xtrainer riders that crash in videos.  They don't seem to have good clutch habits developed yet.

Hense, the Rekluse! Haha...jk...ok, I'll be quiet now...

35 minutes ago, Dress4Less said:

Hense, the Rekluse! Haha...jk...ok, I'll be quiet now...

Over 1000 miles on the Xtrainer, and I still haven't fallen off of it yet.  This is due to the low saddle height and the electric start.  Just sayin'....

I'm sure I'll tip over while riding it, sooner or later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dirt dame said:

Are you talking about the RR 200?  That is a nice bike.  But the Xtrainer 300 is very nice also, with eye watering torque at low RPMs.  Although I can't say what a stock one is like, since mine came with RR pipe and jetting.  I see a lot of novice Xtrainer riders that crash in videos.  They don't seem to have good clutch habits developed yet.

I didn't realize you are on the X-Trainer  another great bike for most folks that think they need a 300cc.....regular full sized race bred enduro bike.

PS I know I've been going there for a long time now.....I recognize all your photo stops!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

I didn't realize you are on the X-Trainer  another great bike for most folks that think they need a 300cc.....regular full sized race bred enduro bike.

The tip off for recognizing the Xtrainer is that you can see the perimeter frame sort of dissecting the gas tank diagonally.  The frame is not visible on the RR models.

• Like 1