kkug

On Any Sunday 50 years Carmel Mtn Screening

38 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

So where do  we meet?

Well Udo , the message in bold below is what I received after I made the reservation for the additional showing on Gathr Films...

"Thank you for your reservation! This event has not yet reached its tipping point or been confirmed. Once enough tickets have been reserved to GreenLight™ the event you will receive an email."

I have yet to receive an e-mail that indicates there have been enough tickets reserved to GreenLight the event...so, for now, I am in a "holding pattern"...aaarrrggghhh....I guess I could call Agelika Film Center later today and ask them if there are two showings or one?

well we can always meet at the beer place just for the hell of it an go from there if it doesn't get greenlighted (movie shown) then at least you can drink your sorrows away.

On an empty stomach.

😂

I have an email for the show but still no confirmation email to get in.

Met Mr. JaJa (Udo), KKug (Ken) and DSM8 (Dave) at Second Chance Brewery before the show. Those guys have a bazillion moto stories that are SO fun to listen to. Unfortunately, the food truck did not show up but, Dave offered to go grab something and bring it back...so, he and Ken went to Grub and brought back some burgers...VERY cool! As a bonus, Ken handed out a few KUG stickers for strategic placement on future moto adventures.

We saw some other familiar faces from NCY (previous owner Jim and crew) at the theater and settled in for the show. I'm guessing there was ~50 people there? Ken, Udo and I have seen the show before but, Dave had never seen it before!

It's fun to watch the movie every so often...seeing little things that I missed before or things in the movie I had forgotten about. There was a cool part at the end of the movie where a guy (who helped write Malcolm Smith's biography, name?) interviewed Dana Brown (Bruce Brown's son), Dave Aldana, Mert Lawill and  Keith Mashburn (the famous crasher through the 4x4 fence in the film) about racing, riding, making the film and their friendships / experiences with Malcolm Smith, Bruce Brown and each other. Pretty funny stories! Highly recommended for 50+ yrs!

:good:

Yup first time I ever saw the movie.

Now if I come down with Covid I know whom to blame, @Dress4Less

That's the first time I went to see a movie in a theatre in almost 4 years

😀

1 hour ago, DSM8 said:

Yup first time I ever saw the movie.

Now if I come down with Covid I know whom to blame, @Dress4Less

That's the first time I went to see a movie in a theatre in almost 4 years

😀

Well Dual Sport Mate (DSM8)...I certainly hope you didn't contract any virus at the show...if you did, it wasn't from me! :dance2:

11 minutes ago, Dress4Less said:

Well Dual Sport Mate (DSM8)...I certainly hope you didn't contract any virus at the show...if you did, it wasn't from me! :dance2:

yeah but

this was your idea so....

I'm not saying it's all your fault But it's all your fault - Ancient Aliens  | Meme Generator

1 hour ago, DSM8 said:

yeah but

this was your idea so....

I'm not saying it's all your fault But it's all your fault - Ancient Aliens  | Meme Generator

• kkug
  • Wednesday Jan 19 2022 -- Anyone going ?? 

Haha Dave! However, following additional investigative, detective work, it was really the individual pictured above who offered up the idea...found in the original post of Jan 06 2022...but, I'll gladly take the hit in their place if needed! :thumbsup_anim:

Everyone knows you can not blame the Kuge.
just sayin....

The meme still stands.

😂

1 hour ago, DSM8 said:

Everyone knows you can not blame the Kuge.
just sayin....

😂

I can't argue that...😉

As usual a day late and a dollar short.  Haven't seen that movie in a long time, would've been a good break from everything.