Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Knee Replacement

Looks like this may be in my near future, is anyone here have a replacement knee?

If so, how is it riding off-road? Do you still ride? 
thanks Kelly

Hi Kelly, no experience with the knees just my hip. The hip was a piece of cake and held up in my recent crash. My understanding is that knees are much harder. My only advice is to find the best person in the area for it. You’re fortunate to have an inside on finding out who that is. I had Dr. Cohen out of Pomerado hospital and he was excellent. Big ego but if you’re good it’s not bragging.

Good luck

CiD

Kaiser Dr. Chung, Travel Lodge. He did two for my wife. Although she does not ride.

2nd Dr Cohen. Still have original knees. Been fixed 4X. Cohen did 3 of the 4 with very good results.

I'm on week 5 of recovery and physiotherapy after ACL reconstruction. They asked me to stay away from dirt bikes for at least 6 months.

My surgeon doctor was Dr. Daniel Brereton. His office specializes in sports surgery. Awesome work. I highly recommend.

I'm doing physiotherapy with a Brazilian friend of mine. For 20 years he was the therapist for the Brazilian Volleyball team. Dude has 5 olympic medals and currently coaches April Ross on beach volleyball. It's painful, but I feel great after only 4 weeks of recovery.

• Like 1