Zubb

iPhones for the win!

The best camera in the world is the one you have with you!

As many here know, I snapped this pic of my son on August 4th while riding the Colorado BDR. I yelled thru the coms to STOP! Whipped out my phone and snapped this. Back into the pocket and off we went. Took about 20 seconds. 

Today Butler Maps and Backcountry Discovery Routes.org announced they would be putting this pic on the next printing of the COBDR maps. 
BE819F77-B35D-4E61-BCE7-18A4A393C9FD.thumb.png.105829fe40dccb7542d8d4a933213167.png

I feel kind of silly winning a photo contest with an iPhone. I’m just glad it wasn’t raining when I crested that summit!!

• Like 4

It is a great pic...you got 'er done right!

• Like 1

Hey man, nice shot.  What a good shot, man.  

• Like 1

Oh my Kelly, that is a super cool memory that will now be etched in a permanent place to reference!  It certainly is pretty special, congrats! 

• Like 1

I had my DSLR on a kayak trip to Alaska and my buddy (retired professional photographer) had his Samsung phone. Needless to say I was ready to toss the DSLR in the trash because it ain't the camera that makes the photo.

Awesome shot! Congrats.

Yeh it would have been nice to have a high end DSLR/Lens. But this shot never would have happened. 
My son and I were talking about this yesterday again. He was irritated at that moment with my request to stop as he just wanted to ride. 
We travel well together as we are both riders first, tourists second and campers/photographers third. So dealing with a slower camera kit or drone just isn’t going to work for us. Alternatively I really like rides where the primary focus is on finding great scenery and photo ops. But the two types of rides do not mix very well, especially if you have 3 or more riders.  
Having said that I just got a 360 cam and am hoping the fiddle factor will be low enough to make it a useful tool for me.