bboyle9

TAT on a whim? Brilliant adventure or completely idiotic

Bboyle9 caught a flat in North Texas, on xmas - new tube and tire installed at a shop rubbed into his motion pro rim lock. He made maybe 150 miles before the tube had multiple pinholes.

A passerby happened to be a moto guy who worked at the next town’s local shop. The guy loaded up the honda and offered him a fresh spare in his garage workshop. Local guy refused any money for the tube he just wanted to help a fellow rider.

Good people still exist!

He should make Arkansas tonight

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Goofy Footer said:

He should make Arkansas tonight

Excellent. Please pass on our mutual applause!

1 hour ago, Goofy Footer said:

A passerby happened to be a moto guy who worked at the next town’s local shop. The guy loaded up the honda and offered him a fresh spare in his garage workshop. Local guy refused any money for the tube he just wanted to help a fellow rider.

Good people still exist!

Awesome sauce! 😁

There's quite a bit of weather last week and this week.  I have no doubt he's found the limits of his clothing system.  I know that I was VERY glad to have electrics both yesterday morning and last week in AZ at 36*.  Looking forward to his report!

15 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

It’s pouring buckets of rain in Mississippi..

The biggest problem I have with rain is that I can't seem to find the right solution for fogging.  Looking forward to hearing how he dealt with fogging lens.

41 minutes ago, Zubb said:

The biggest problem I have with rain is that I can't seem to find the right solution for fogging.  Looking forward to hearing how he dealt with fogging lens.

I ride with my faceshield partially open so it doesn't fog...Aerostich sells these visor squeegees that go over your left thumb.

https://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-veewipe-squeegee.html

Those squeegee things work great for the outside.  I use them both skiing, and my KLIM gloves have one built into the left forefinger. Leaving the lens open 1 click sort of works 50% or less for me.  

3 hours ago, Zubb said:

Leaving the lens open 1 click sort of works 50% or less for me.  

Are you a heavy breather ? 🤣

Maybe impregnate a small chammy with anti fog? For the inside. The outside is easy with a squeegee. 
I fear we are hijacking. Let’s return to our hero’s story. 

• Like 1

Yo Boylester - your TAT ride thread got highjacked by antifa-oggers...haha...🤣 how is the trip going? Are you back? Pics, pics and more pics please!

bboyle9 made it to North Carolina a few days ago. He just picked up his new van, a bike hauler and new fishing pole for his drive back.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

bboyle9 made it to North Carolina a few days ago. He just picked up his new van, a bike hauler and new fishing pole for his drive back.

Dam!  There he goes.... livin' my dream. 😂

I know he’s doing ok, he commented on my YouTube video!