robertaccio

2021 Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro 4DEC report

Larga y Dura, summed it up. 3 different loops (tests avg 30mi), progressive in difficulty, total trail miles 91, very dry (good on rocks bad for dust). 50% finisher rate. I entered the 50+ class to get in all 3 tests (60+ does 2).  Did not meet my ultimate goal to finish on trophy time (top 10 in our large class) but I did finish regardless, at @ 7 hours of racing time. (16th 50+) . The Husqvarna TE300i is a brilliant tool for that race in particular. Local fast Pro Noah Kepple won this event for his 4th time, he is now among some greats for Ws in Tecate, LR has 5 Ws and Ty Davis also has 4.

Another Husky brand win with Noah Kepple OA on his very well prepped TE/TX300i with factory A kit WP suspension. It was a tough one this year with @ 50% finisher rate. Some real hard enduro sections but all rideable for any A level rider.
My 2021 TE300i performed great and I finished all 3 loops. Format was a start control sprint enduro with 3 different loops/tests progressive in difficulty. Very dry conditions this year and dust was a factor at times. On the other hand the dry rocks were good for traction. I turned 60 this year but was "cajoled" by our local ISDE Vet fast (60+) guy Grant P into signing with the 50s to get all 3 tests. My goal was an on trophy time inside the top ten , I did not meet that goal and got 16th in class from 48 SSEN/50+ starters. 22 SSEN finished all 3 tests. I had a bone to pick with the race since 2019 when I quit after the second test due to cold, wet and fatigue, my first DNF since 1997. I felt I needed to go out of the SSEN class with a good finish!

• Like 2

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. 
ive  never raced but enjoy hearing your stories like this. 

Great report. I know Gary Kepple well and his son Noah, they've done the Desert Dash a few times...so cool to see Noah is doing so well.

Glad you finished Robert.

• Like 1