KTMrad

Deleted Post Today & Brand Bashing

I deleted a post by 350 Thumper today, it had to do with the border, Trump 2024, etc.

The reason it was deleted is because our rules state No Politics. The poster should've known better.

We will not tolerate political posts....please read the rules if you haven't yet, or need a reminder.

We also will not tolerate brand bashing or someone implying that a person who rides a big, expensive adventure bike doesn't know how to ride....I think you all know what I mean. 

Please remember,  SDAR wants to maintain a friendly and welcome atmosphere. 

Thanks !

KTMrad,  SDAR Founder

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I also deleted a post today regarding closing the border and covid. It does help when something gets reported.

• Like 2

Another problem is when people post an upcoming ride, but don't put any relevant information in the post.  From now on, posts like this will be deleted.  This website has a certain standard that we wish to maintain, and we want people to feel informed and like we are community.  A community where we can relax and have friendly banter, but without a village smartass.

We have so much in common as riders- why spend any energy on the subjects on which we might differ?

That's what Facebook & Twitter do very well- foment rancor and incivility.

Thanks for keeping this site free from antagonizing statements and general incivility- it's key to creating a mutually-supportive environment for riding and wrenching.

• Like 1

Humor is a funny thing (pun intended). I have to remind myself at times, someone else might not take it the way I meant it.

Great reminder here to remember a lot of folks are reading stuff that don't really know you or your style of humor.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Zubb, i hear you cant ride very well in the dirt! (humor from a different post)

31 minutes ago, ECDave said:

Hey Zubb, i hear you cant ride very well in the dirt! (humor from a different post)

why thank you.  I don't fall down half as much as I used to. But sometimes I feel like that kitty in your avatar.  When you fall down, stay down and take a rest.

58 minutes ago, Zubb said:

why thank you.  I don't fall down half as much as I used to. But sometimes I feel like that kitty in your avatar.  When you fall down, stay down and take a rest.

The only reason you don't fall down half as much as you used to is because you ride half as much as you used too.

See that there is funny, I am bashing his being lazy about riding and it had nothing to do with politics or big bikes.

<runs off stage to hide somewhere safe in a flame proof suit>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DSM8 said:

The only reason you don't fall down half as much as you used to is because you ride half as much as you used too.

See that there is funny, I am bashing his being lazy about riding and it had nothing to do with politics or big bikes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DSM8 said:

😂  Geeze punch a guy while he's down!!!

Least you could do is offer up one of your THREE,  (3), count them Tha-Ree moti-sickles for me to ride until my replacement steed arrives.  Come on man!  I'm dying down here ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

Let's all throw rotten tomatoes at Dave at the next meetin'

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zubb said:

Let's all throw rotten tomatoes at Dave at the next meetin'

Well thats the last time we remove a broken frame bolt from a BMW for you

No Udo for YOU!!!

• Haha 1

Uh oh , smartass not appreciated, dang, I won't know how to comment anymore. Is there a filter device like spellcheck for dummies like me? 

On 12/5/2021 at 12:09 PM, Zubb said:

Humor is a funny thing (pun intended). I have to remind myself at times, someone else might not take it the way I meant it.

Great reminder here to remember a lot of folks are reading stuff that don't really know you or your style of humor.  

Not everyone is getting my Humor, but if the shoe fit's, go and pull it on.

• Haha 1