dirt dame

Snapshots from yesterday 11/30/21

I usually ride twice a week, and often up at McCain (as everybody probably knows, by now).  So, another spur of the moment ride idea popped into my head while I was having breakfast yesterday, and soon i was all loaded up and heading out to my favorite place in the dirt, Bugz The Beta in tow.  I'm still waiting for the first good rain of the season to sweep in.  Here we are, the first day of December, and not much has happened this year.  It was so dry that all the little critters must have been suffering.  I was washing my hands in the staging area, and a little bird was enviously watching the water running out of the spigot of the water jug.  After I walked away, he hopped over and pecked at the wet sand.  I felt bad for him and opened the spigot up again so that he could get a proper drink.

51717496786_64925ee3c8_o.jpg?width=1920&

The trails were just what you'd think they were, dry, dusty and full of soft sand.  I did most of my usual route for the day, but wanted to have a look at a "new" trail.  I have passed by it many times, and didn't really pay any attention to it until a couple of rides ago.  It had lots of rock piles sprinkled throughout, so I was glad to have the little Xtrainer, with which saddle height wasn't an issue.  When I got to the other end of the trail, it came out right near where I pass by on almost every single ride.  The weather was great, breezy and high 60s temps.  Still, can't wait for some wet dirt!

IMG_0409.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0408.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

On a completely different note, I need a timer that delays longer than 10 seconds on my camera.  I can barely make it back to my bike and pose in time.  Maybe I could have in my younger days.

IMG_0410.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Like 3

Yep...it's dry in the Southwest...Borrego Springs' and Ocotillo Wells' sand washes are SOFT & DEEP...need momma nature to run through there a few times and pack things down a bit again...

Nice pics Double D...I can't use a timer in a kitchen much less a cell phone... 

• Like 1

Great pic!  Now that's an honest selfie!

• Like 1

Nice pics!

The bird reminds of a few years back when I was hand watering some flowers...a hummingbird came up and drank right from the hose stream.  A very cool moment to witness.

• Like 1