numpty

Ocotillo Wells - November 2021

I recently bought a trailer from on here and in exchange for a great deal on his trailer, Dress4Less only asked that I post some photos from our trip when we got to use it.

So here are a couple randoms of our first time using the trailer so we all got to go together. We used it to carry the five-hundo (500exc), teeter (TTR-110) and pewter (PW50) out to Ocotillo Wells for a camping trip. (bike names courtesy of Dress4Less since my kids have only named mine "duck" so far) My bro-in-law met us out there with his DRZ400 so we got a few play rides in on our own, but got to take the littles out for their first "real" desert ride. I couldn't believe how well they did and my son finally got to go on a "big" ride with his Dad and uncle. He kept asking if we were going to have time to do another ride before we left...we did. Both the littles loved it and got plenty of ride time and aside from one dump, flooding the DRZ and waiting in the heat to get it restarted, we ended up with an awesome trip; dirty, tired and longing to return soon.

Hopefully I posted these correctly and without using the server. And the story stinks, but they'll get better.

3MNuhQL.jpg

JkPpc26.jpg

ZGtfJia.jpg

mOmMOok.jpg

moPzKir.jpg

uaf6Yeg.jpg

JRI3TZH.jpg

03t8i2x.jpg

jgNuJwT.jpg

U93Yxip.jpg

• Like 3

Great memories are being made!

We spent a lot of time out there with the kids, now they are adults.  It happened so fast, enjoy it while you can.

3 hours ago, tntmo said:

Great memories are being made!

👆 This

Pictures turned out great!  This is what more people need to post on SDAR to return the site to the positive, fun, riding oriented content that we all come here for.  Any time we can interject a little family into it is a bonus.

• Like 1

Winning!

My son is 39 and lives 1300 miles away.  We still get together every year for a guys bike trip.  It's the highlite of my whole year.

You are investing heavily in what could be the greatest joy of your retirement years.  💪🤙:coolio:

• Like 2

Well, thanks for all the feedback. I'm glad it was well received. I'll certainly add more as we continue our little offroad saga.

I've ridden borrowed bikes for several years and at the tender young age of 48 finally got my own. Within a year my two littles had their own too. I have to say it was one of the most rewarding things to see my little guy venture out with us on his first "ride". Following him around as he explored and felt the freedom of just pointing and going wherever he wanted gave me a deep joy that won't be forgotten.

Everyone I've met on here has been so encouraging and helpful too. SDAR is a great group and I hope it endures far into the future.

• Like 1

Good job, my kid at 26 still says "Dad do you remember that time in the desert when..., believe it was all worth it.

Thanks for the smile.

• Like 1

Got my sone a XR100 when he was 8 and he progressed from there.  He is here in Utah with me currently and we will be heading out to Sand Hollow shortly to rip around for a bit.  He'll grab the orange bike and I the red.  He's 29 now and we continue to make 2 wheel memories :)

• Like 2

Great to see family pictures from Ocotillo Wells. I learned to ride there in the ‘80s with my family! It’s the reason why I’m still riding today creating new memories with my son!

• Like 1

NUMPTY! You did it! I am SO happy for you and the family! Thank you for sharing...it is / will be a very rewarding experience for you all. Trailer tow ok behind the 4runner?

Best,

D4L

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dress4Less said:

NUMPTY! You did it! I am SO happy for you and the family! Thank you for sharing...it is / will be a very rewarding experience for you all. Trailer tow ok behind the 4runner?

Best,

D4L

Yep! Thanks man. Our first trip with the trailer went without a hitch (not literally).  😄  The 4runner certainly isn't a strong vehicle to tow with but it did pretty well despite the trailer, four humans, our oversized golden retriever and way too much gear. It took me a couple of tries to figure out how to arrange everything and secure it, but got the pewter, teeter and the 5-hundo as well as my big cooler and camp box all secured onto the trailer. We made it out and back without event. It also turned out to be one of the most fun trips we've taken as a family despite my oldest having to stay home for a prior engagement, so I'll have to thin the load in order to fit her in next time. Ha.

All in all, I wish I had done this years ago but am already planning our next trip. My two littles keep asking, "Daddy, when can we go to the desert again?" It was a hit!

Thanks again for the killer deal and all of your advice. We ended up at the hidden valley campground east of where we went last time and the ground was perfect for the two little ones to be able to play around all day on their little bikes. We also did Sunday through Tuesday in lieu of the weekend and there was only one other campsite taken. It felt like we had the entire desert to ourselves.

Can't wait for the next one!

• Like 3