dirt dame

Plans for New Club Event & Other SDAR Stuff

I came here from another forum that has been struggling with dwindling membership as well. ProRide used to be massive, but between social media and aging members they've taken a hit.

I donated shortly after I joined this forum, I've been on a social media diet as of late and I know many others around my age group (25-40ish) are beginning to do the same. Hopefully in due time people will grow tired of the cocoon of social media.

I will do my part when I can as a new member. Thanks for your work!

• Like 3

As of 4:55 this afternoon, the club has received just over 1100 dollars in donations.  We are less than 100 dollars away from the goal.  Thanks, Socalhodaka, for today's donation!

On 11/20/2021 at 10:57 AM, dirt dame said:

Well...it IS the weekend. 

Mimi, there are 48 guests online with 7 members online it's a Monday evening. I can't help but think that there is an untapped group just waiting to be included in SDAR. You think so too? 

9 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

Mimi, there are 48 guests online with 7 members online it's a Monday evening. I can't help but think that there is an untapped group just waiting to be included in SDAR. You think so too? 

It's the same on other forums also.  100-200 people per hour online at Cafe Husky, but only 5 of them are logged in.  Most people don't want to join or log in.  They just want to look, not participate.  That website has over 32,000 registered members, but only a handful regularly post.  Social media has taken people away from private, small sites that used to flourish.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:07 PM, dirt dame said:

It's the same on other forums also.  100-200 people per hour online at Cafe Husky, but only 5 of them are logged in.  Most people don't want to join or log in.  They just want to look, not participate.  That website has over 32,000 registered members, but only a handful regularly post.  Social media has taken people away from private, small sites that used to flourish.

Just donated.

I Can't help but think that there are cards still being left on the table. My best to SDAR where I have met so many great people and folks that I call friends. Viva SDAR! 

• Like 2