Sign in to follow this  
350thumper

One bike , One beer , One sunset.

3 hours ago, crfxer said:

Been there, done that. 

20211005_171114_copy_1279x590.thumb.jpg.fc400c8995bead5278df0d2ffd5f6c5b.jpg

The bullsnift-o-meter Is reading off the charts on that last comment. I can proof you don't even know how many percents alcoholism I was in my beer.

3 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

20211005_171114_copy_1279x590.thumb.jpg.fc400c8995bead5278df0d2ffd5f6c5b.jpg

The bullsnift-o-meter Is reading off the charts on that last comment. I can proof you don't even know how many percents alcoholism I was in my beer.

Just North of Glen Helen sucker..  Admit it!

I bet at least 7%

1 hour ago, 350thumper said:

You got me damb it . First cold pitcher on me .

Tomorrow.  Great Escape,  Ocotillo.

When I first saw the opening pic on my phone I thought it was someplace else and that was what my reply was based on.  Later, saw it on the big screen PC monitor and knew I was way off, never been there or even a clue.  Then I saw the train tracks...narrowed it down.  Google Earth is my best friend.  What you doing way up there?

Why post something if you're not willing to say where it is?  Kind of a dick move. I thought the point was to share.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cwadej said:

Why post something if you're not willing to say where it is?  Kind of a dick move. I thought the point was to share.

You need to get to know thumper and then post :)

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, cwadej said:

He was sharing, can’t handle a challenge?

I prefer the term "big huge swinging ....".

Because i am one and it really is , just ask Kenny.  It is very impressive. He may even have a pic in his phone. I use it as a counterbalance  while riding technical terrain on the big thumpers.

20211005_172703_copy_1353x451.thumb.jpg.0e607dc4de2abc847167351c1b146939.jpg

First rule of dual sport . Cover your tracks and never ever tell someone where a hidden trail is. It's OK to show them if they are riding DS with you, but never ever tell them.

The reason you don't ever tell someone is because it will end up on line then every yahoo with a jeep or a 12 gauge will go out there and ruin it for everyone and it will be shut down by the tree hugging eco terrorists. ( above photo is proof, as you can see the whole place is burnt down).

Rule #2  always buy the first round of pitchers at the watering hole with your buddies to get the beer flowing from the tap, regardless of your financial situation.

Rule # 3 . There is no rule #3 just enjoy yourself

• Confused 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:24 AM, 350thumper said:

I prefer the term "big huge swinging ....".

Because i am one and it really is , just ask Kenny.  It is very impressive. He may even have a pic in his phone. I use it as a counterbalance  while riding technical terrain on the big thumpers.

First rule of dual sport . Cover your tracks and never ever tell someone where a hidden trail is. It's OK to show them if they are riding DS with you, but never ever tell them.

The reason you don't ever tell someone is because it will end up on line then every yahoo with a jeep or a 12 gauge will go out there and ruin it for everyone and it will be shut down by the tree hugging eco terrorists. ( above photo is proof, as you can see the whole place is burnt down).

Rule #2  always buy the first round of pitchers at the watering hole with your buddies to get the beer flowing from the tap, regardless of your financial situation.

Nicely put. BZ

Thanks reximus, 

It's almost time for another Noob ride,

So we can show some of these newer riders how we get it done..

I don't agree with you rules at all. Beer and bike does not match. 

• Like 1

This is a recurring theme.
Lets go for a ride, no details on where to meet at.
Went on a ride, no details on where you went.

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to get out when ever they want or know the areas well enough so posts like this are discouraging to new members on the forum that might want to go places but don't know where or how to get to them.

If you want to be just part of your clique then you are certainly managing to meet those expectation, if you want to help grow the site and members you need a different approach.

just my .02 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DSM8 said:

This is a recurring theme.
Lets go for a ride, no details on where to meet at.
Went on a ride, no details on where you went.

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to get out when ever they want or know the areas well enough so posts like this are discouraging to new members on the forum that might want to go places but don't know where or how to get to them.

If you want to be just part of your clique then you are certainly managing to meet those expectation, if you want to help grow the site and members you need a different approach.

just my .02 

Agreed.  If you want to share a ride report with the forum, then share the ride report.  If you don't want to share it with the general public or a majority of the members, then you can become a supporting member and share the report with a small audience in the "members only'" forum where there is a sub forum called "Special trails, Reports and Destinations".  I post some of my rides there, because the trails aren't frequented by other riders much, (or they may be on private land that I have been invited to ride on by the owner) and I'd like to keep it that way.

• Like 1

I would have to agree with the internet posting can ruin areas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVRick said:

I would have to agree with the internet posting can ruin areas. 

Sure, but then why post anything?  

• Like 1

Why click on the post ??  Different strokes for all folks.  It takes all kinds to make a community.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What was the original post?  " Good luck finding this spot buried in a CA forest"  Sounds like a challenge to me.  If you don't wanna play, don't.  But don't complain about us that do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, crfxer said:

What was the original post?  " Good luck finding this spot buried in a CA forest"  Sounds like a challenge to me.  If you don't wanna play, don't.  But don't complain about us that do.

I cant like more than once

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 6:50 PM, crfxer said:

Then I saw the train tracks...narrowed it down.  Google Earth is my best friend.  

Finding that exact spot on Google Earth from that pic that's pretty badass man!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kato said:

Finding that exact spot on Google Earth from that pic that's pretty badass man!

Thanks!  I thought so too!

15 hours ago, hobiee said:

Why click on the post ??  Different strokes for all folks.  It takes all kinds to make a community.   

14 hours ago, crfxer said:

Because in a nutshell over the years this community of riders has become less communal, and more clique.
I would like to get out and ride more of the local stuff that is interesting but don't necessarily know where they are, so when a post is put up alluding to a good ride it is a disservice to everyone else that is on here that might want to experience it themselves.

• Like 3