Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Back to the mountain 09/26/21

Glad the forests opened back up.  Dirt Diva, her husband Bruce and I made a run to Big Bear yesterday.  Diva wanted to make sure that we put over 100 miles on during the course of the day, because she and Bruce were going to the Bar 10 ride soon, and she wanted to make sure that she was ready to put in that sort of mileage.  It's been a few years since I have put in that sort of mileage....but what the heck, I'd give it a go.

It was the first nice cool weather in months, with a forecast high of 66, and a hint of fall was definitely in the air.  We did manage about 106 miles...with probably more pavement than hoped for, but sometimes putting together routes that will meet certain types of criteria won't cover everything.  We left the staging area around 9:30.  Diva wanted to have a lunch break at 12:30.  And she wanted to get home by a certain time.  And she wanted 100 miles for sure.  I planned the route as the day unfolded, taking into consideration what routes were closed this year.  It was a little tough, but I managed to put together a nice route that did most of what was asked for.  Our lunch stop at La Paws Inn was right at 12:30 and we had a little over half the mileage needed for the day.  The ride was mellow, no crashes or drama....well except for the time I was trying to back up enough to frame a shot with my camera, and stepped backwards over the edge of the trail.😏  No harm, no foul, and I quickly switched to my phone camera which is quite a bit more wide angle. Scenery was awesome, as always up there.  So I survived the long day and I have some really sore muscles today.

IMG_0366.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0365.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
51522657210_20d6c4e9dc_o.jpg?width=1920&
51520939327_eecf060836_o.jpg?width=1920&

• Like 1

Diva timing, lunch, and distance!  Who could ask for anything more from a diva? Sounded like a great cool ride! Thanks for posting!