DSM8

Tech Day October 23rd

IN List (that I know of):Zubb, Dan Rider, Weirrider, Shuttered, Tubebender, Jaja, stoked, kkuge, goofyfooter, Numptry, ECDave, Dirt Dame

Going to have it on Saturday the 23rd.
Gates open 10am till either were done you we call a tow truck for your bike to haul it away ;)

we will have dogs on the grill and plenty of outside seating.

Per the usual, I can host and have pretty much all tools necessary to do the typical maint work on most bikes.

This is an oil change kind of day, not ride over and tear apart the head of you bike kind of day.

Unless your @Zubb then we spend 5 hours replacing a broken frame bolt in your 1150 and give you grief the entire time. We had to bring in our resident German engineer to complete the extraction. 
Good times for us, not sure sure for Zubb 😉

That said, plenty of parking and space for bikes.

There is a manual tire changing machine but you take your old tires home with you.
Tig welder is also here so if you need a skid plate welded up etc, that can be discussed time dependent.
Oil I can dispose of easy enough.

There are 4 dealers close by (all the major brands including BMW) and the cycle gear is here too.

925 Chardonney Way

Escondido

• Like 2

If I’m in town I will come by.  Always available to lend a hand for valve clearance checks, etc if anyone wants to do that.

• Like 1

In. 
shouldn't need maintenance as that happens this month. Happy though to shear off a bolt or two on anyone’s bike for them. Keep those Aussie bits handy Dave. 

• Like 1

By the way, that repair last time made the day quite Profitable for the club. I should have taken a tax deduction. 8-)

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

By the way, that repair last time made the day quite Profitable for the club. I should have taken a tax deduction. 8-)

Well stupid should hurt, even if only in the wallet

😂

• Like 1

Lurking and interested. @bboyle9 has a crack in his 525 subframe and would love some welding lowdown

SC1 for ALL my tech needs

M198648633.png

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 12:10 AM, Goofy Footer said:

Lurking and interested. @bboyle9 has a crack in his 525 subframe and would love some welding lowdown

SC1 for ALL my tech needs

Have him pm me, welding that during a tech day would be hard but I can take care of it easy enough with the tig any other time, he doesn’t have to wait

• Like 1

Hey want to bump this and get some idea of head count etc.

I do need to change my tires with knobbys for the Baja trip... I've never done it before... feasible?

I will be camping with family on that date, so can't make it.  I was looking forward to the prestigious BBQ, though.  Have fun! 

Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately, I have a memorial service to attend that day up in OC.

4 hours ago, padu said:

I do need to change my tires with knobbys for the Baja trip... I've never done it before... feasible?

we have the means to change them but not balance them ( I dont have a balancer) and since your riding a lot of street to get to the border I would suggest you have them balanced.
If you want taking the wheels off and bringing them over someplace to get them installed is doable on that day if you want.

Had you sag etc been all set you with the luggage/weight you plan to carry on the trip if not we can help with that as well assuming the bike has the adjustability for it

5 hours ago, shutterrev said:

Really cool you are putting this on guys, not needed for mine though - Thanks! 

Then just show up, we can always use slav.. urr I mean help

2 minutes ago, DSM8 said:

we have the means to change them but not balance them ( I dont have a balancer) and since your riding a lot of street to get to the border I would suggest you have them balanced.
If you want taking the wheels off and bringing them over someplace to get them installed is doable on that day if you want.

Had you sag etc been all set you with the luggage/weight you plan to carry on the trip if not we can help with that as well assuming the bike has the adjustability for it

The Ducati has a dynamic electronic suspension that in theory takes care of sag. It's a setting on the TFT.

Just now, padu said:

The Ducati has a dynamic electronic suspension that in theory takes care of sag. It's a setting on the TFT.

then you should be set, on that bike you deff want to get the wheels balanced.
Some placed include balancing when you buy the wheels.
8 Ball is around the corner from the house so you could literally drop it off there and hang out at the tech day if you wanted to as well.

I made a couple of these and it is well worth the time.  Too far to ride from Hurricane, Utah I am afraid though so I will not be making it :(

22 hours ago, DSM8 said:

8 ball can pull the valve stem core and feed balancing beads into the new tire ……. Or you can come hit my place and balance them here. I like the beads. Especially since you won’t need to take the wheels off again to do it. 

Is there a ride or dez campout after the Tech Day by chance?

I heard everybody was motocamping in DSM8’s backyard and he will cook breakfast for us all ????

1 hour ago, Goofy Footer said:

Is there a ride or dez campout after the Tech Day by chance?

I heard everybody was motocamping in DSM8’s backyard and he will cook breakfast for us all ????

You confused breakfast with fire hose wake up call again didn't you?
Tents are flammable right? 

Awesome, thanks for the invite DSM8. And you guys are funny.

This is something I would love to attend as I am so new to all of this and have lots of questions/anxiety/ignorance with bike maintenance/repairs/projects etc. that I would surely benefit from this. I have a couple kid's soccer games and the wife's working at a wedding that day, so if I can work out those details I'll definitely attend to rub shoulders with you knowledgeable folks and pick up some motorcycle knowledge. I'm not an idiot (if you don't ask my wife) and am fairly mechanically inclined, but I'm new to motorcycles and a little intimidated by it all. But I want to learn.

I'll get into as little or as much as there's time for provided there's still space.

• Like 2

Padu, i have a simple spin/gravity balancer that i can bring. i also have a big box of stick on weights if you are interested?