Talcire

USDA Forest Service Temporarily Closes All California National Forests for Public Safety

USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region is announcing a temporary closure of all National Forests in California. This closure will be in effect from Aug. 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. through September 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. 

• Like 1

That's a bummer - how does that affect McCain valley and Corral Canyon areas? Does it affect at all?

6 minutes ago, padu said:

That's a bummer - how does that affect McCain valley and Corral Canyon areas? Does it affect at all?

Corral Canyon is USFS, so that is closed.  McCain is not part of the forest system, and is run by the bureau of land management, so that is open.

State land and National Parks are not included in the closure. McCain is under Bureau of Land Management management, if I recall. Corral is National Forest Service, so I'd think it's a no-go zone. I rode down Sloane Canyon last weekend. A whole 4 miles of dirt road!

21 hours ago, dirt dame said:

Corral Canyon is USFS, so that is closed.  McCain is not part of the forest system, and is run by the bureau of land management, so that is open.

So McCain is open?  I really want to ride this weekend but not sure where.  I rode with someone in here I think at McCain but his bike had issues so we only rode for 30 min.  Other than that, I have never been there or Corral.  I am really itching to take my 300 out

3 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

So McCain is open?  I really want to ride this weekend but not sure where.  I rode with someone in here I think at McCain but his bike had issues so we only rode for 30 min.  Other than that, I have never been there or Corral.  I am really itching to take my 300 out

Just rode there today.  It was crowded for a weekday...but then....where else are they going to go right now?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

I think it was more like an hour, if you include the towing 😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SANRider said:

I think it was more like an hour, if you include the towing 😂

Lol true.  Any interest in riding there this weekend?