Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Another day in the mountains 08/29/21

I have been going up to Big Bear a lot this summer.  Plenty of thunderstorms up there, and typical for this time of year.  Yesterday was not a disappointment in the storm department, and at least there wasn't much in the way of thunder and lightning.  So it was very nice day, with a late start out of Heart Bar, and no particular itinerary or time limitation.  I got drenched twice, both times were on paved stretches.  Some areas I rode were bone dry and dusty, others streaming with water....and others somewhere in between.  Temperatures were very nice for the most part.  A late lunch stop at La Paws Inn was just in time for a cloudburst.  I moseyed around until about 5:30, arriving back at the staging area, mostly dried out.  A very nice day for me, indeed.  And I'm glad I got that ride in, because tomorrow all the National forests in California will be closed for two weeks due to high fire danger.  So if you didn't get a ride in yet, don't plan on anything in a California national forest until after September 17th.

Some areas were sunny and dry.

IMG_0339.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Others...not so much.

IMG_0346.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0342.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0341.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Like 1

Nice -- glad you are getting out riding . 

Great photos.  Sounds like an epic ride.  Making me jealous too.  Glad to see you got out in time before the close down here.  I'm heading to Colorado next week so hope they don't close down there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mctrails said:

Great photos.  Sounds like an epic ride.  Making me jealous too.  Glad to see you got out in time before the close down here.  I'm heading to Colorado next week so hope they don't close down there.

Damn Alan, where you been ???

On 8/31/2021 at 7:27 PM, KTMrad said:

Damn Alan, where you been ???

I've been lurking in the background.  Lots of life's little distractions been keeping me busy and off the dirt bikes for the last year and a half or so.  Just now getting back to it.

• Like 1